Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Trail centre cafe food, your wish list?
  • wallop

Pork pies

saxabar
    Free Member

Bean stew, followed by super-sized chip butties.

spacemonkey

Whatever happens to be lining the shelves in Peaslake Stores is enough to satisfy me; scotch eggs, samosas, various quiches, baps, pork n leek lattices, doorsteps, pasties, cheese straws … cakes, flapjacks … tea, coffee … All home-made and bang tidy on the taste-ometer.

Every trail centre should have the above.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I thought the old Glentress was hard to beat – reasonable drip coffee, nice warm panini’s with lush coleslaw and and smashing array of cakes.

Hamsterley Tea Rooms was the most overpriced and inneffcient (5 people behind the counter but 1 person did all of the work – zero delegation).

I think more cafes need a decent idave option though as lovely as the cakey goodness is at the end of a ride it’s not what I really need.

Edit: Oh and heartbreakingly cute waiting staff, cheers.

Coyote
    Free Member

Noodles would be good.

However, fish finger butties at Llandegla are an inspired offering.

Northwind

The humble baked spud- partly because it’s a great staple and good biking food, but mainly because I can actually eat it (wheat intolerance, doh). Always seems odd when they’re not on the menu- they’re cheap and easy to make after all, if you’ve got a microwave and a knife then you can do a spud.

Failing that I’m quite partial to the GT cafe’s unbelievably cheesy omelettes, with their inexplicably nice skinny chips.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Humous,
    Olives,
    Rocket,
    Blue cheese,
    Falafels,
    Chillies.

All in a wrap with a machiato.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

fresh food
    good proper coffee not for me but the missus
    proper tea – paying over £1 for a pg tips bag waved round is crap – leaves pot ect.
    A good Burger – llandegla have that one
    Good Chips
    Good Cake

grum
    Free Member

I think more cafes need a decent idave option though as lovely as the cakey goodness is at the end of a ride it’s not what I really need.

Yeah this would be good. Sausage and butterbean casserole, mmmmmm……..

Sandwich

Any cafe manager that can not manage to provide a baked spud over a weekend should be shot as an example to the rest. You ran out of baking potatoes, they don’t have a short shelf life get a grip.

Needs a good chilli with it too.

patriotpro
    Free Member

If the cafe at GT has improved then I dread to think what it was like pre-improvement.

The Dog n Gun at Gisburn serves really good food imo, Llandegla is decent enough too.

I would like to see more of the foods sold at these 2 places but sourced locally so fresh juice, meat and other produce.

ittaika
    Free Member

there needs to be more ‘proper’ toasties (with so much cheese pouring out the side that you fear for your heart) and less panninis, but that’s a complaint aimed at the UK as a whole not just trail centre cafes.

i’m hungry now….

chewkw
    Free Member

Seriously good fish and chips after a whole day ride. Nothing heavy but nothing too light.

spacemonkey

Was it Afan that got a new cafe back in about 05? Proper good Full English, pizzas and more IIR. Plus it was super clean and the staff were always sound.

jimster
    Free Member

Proper Cheesey beans on proper toast, decent hot steaming tea, rice pudding and jam, and proper homemade cakes.

Yes folks the old VC at C-Y-B.

Northwind

patriotpro – Member

If the cafe at GT has improved then I dread to think what it was like pre-improvement.

it used to be a falling-down shack with half as many seats as it needed and most of them out in the rain.

mrhoppy

I just want service, Degla’s OK but very busy so food can take a while by CyB is painful, the foods good when it arrives but I think they grow & butcher it to order never mind cooking. I spent 5 mins in the queue and didn’t go anywhere over the weekend before I gave it up as a bad job.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Was it Afan that got a new cafe back in about 05? Proper good Full English, pizzas and more IIR. Plus it was super clean and the staff were always sound.

Yep, that was when Luffy took over. Awesome Welsh Rarebit, and great pizza/beer in the evenings, too. Damned good rider as well!

Cougar

I just want service, Degla’s OK but very busy

And they stop serving food at about 3pm IIRC.

ricardo666
    Free Member

Good food at Llandegla, the dog and gun for Gisburn, and Poppies at Lee Quarry.

crispo
    Free Member

+1 for Pub rather than Cafe.

Gisburn has it down. Massive chip butty and a pint of Ewe Tosser on a Sunday afternoon while having a look at shiny stuff in the shop!

And it is the Dog and Partridge no Dog and Gun (sorry)

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Trail centre cafe food, your wish list?’ is closed to new replies.