Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tow bar for a VW transporter
  • ratswithwings
    Free Member

what ya got on??? Most probably tow a caravan or a trailer.

Any good spots in sheffield to get one on??

mattbee

Westfalia detachable one on our T5. Bike rack or Thule luggage rack, caravan and occasionally used as an anchor point for abseil work.

spooky_b329

If you have a modern van with ESP etc, go for a dedicated electric kit as it will enable any trailer sway protection/stability control.

I fitted a standard bypass relay on the old one which involved a fair bit of wiring, new one was much easier, just plugged it in and strapped the cable.

Also means if you have a decent socket set and torque wrench (I have a Aldi special) you can save about £150 by fitting it all yourself, mine probably took 90 minutes last week.

My old towbar was a cheap PF Jones job, all the powdercoating flaked off and went rusty, so this time I paid £20 extra for a Witter one that is properly painted.

steveh

Use mobile towbar services out of Beighton. They’ve done loads for me over the years including a few t5’s. 01142 486 325 They fit at your home or work and can fixed, removable and whatever electrics you need.

bellys
    Free Member

Iv been looking at getting a towbar fitter to my RAV4. PF Jones told me £175 supply and fitted on the phone took car in and price went up to £230, they said price was more due to parking sensors took car away before they started work, I’ve got it booked in to north west towbars as they want £220 and said the kit has got a switch to turn the sensors off when towbar is in use..

ratswithwings
    Free Member

Cheers guys will think on a few things.

steveh

I forgot to say that MTS are always the cheapest around Sheffield area, I’ve always rung around before using them but no one is as cheap and the work is good.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tow bar for a VW transporter’ is closed to new replies.