Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tour of Skiddaw ride pics (delayed)
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member
    Richyb
    Free Member

Nice pics.

Just out of interested Simon, how windy would it have to be for you to change a scheduled Helvellyn ride?
    Planning on going up on friday but the met office reckons it’ll be gusting 40mph+

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I think I’d probably risk that speed, especially as I’m so sceptical about forecasts, though if it were much more I might have 2nd thoughts. It would depend on the cloud cover – if it was clear I’d go for it – at worst you might have to get off on Lower Man instead of riding down if the wind were too much – that’s the only place you risk getting blown off. If it were likely to rain I’d scrap it – if I’m going to put in all that effort I want some views as payback, and driving rain can make it nearly freezing even at midsummer 🙁 We saw lingering snow on the summit 2 weeks ago…

lowey

We are doing Helvellyn on Sunday. Keeping a close eye on the forecast.

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Simon – for a nice alternate descent from Latrigg (if you need one!) – pop up to very top and follow the track around, heading Threlkeld way. Take a right just before the fence, drop into the trees, and follow your nose 😀

Richyb
    Free Member

Cheers Simon, forecast looks sunny at the moment, so hopefully it’ll be a goer.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

pop up to very top and follow the track around, heading Threlkeld way

yes we did that once, thought it was very muddy that day, and we took a wrong turn and got lost – which was fun :o)

and:

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Yeah – it gets a bit squishy in the woods but there are lots of fun interconnected tracks (and it’s usually quieter than spooney green lane). Nice gratuitous butt shot by the way 😀

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Nice gratuitous butt shot by the way

thank Nicky for posing so obligingly :o)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

We are doing Helvellyn on Sunday

got a taste for proper mountains eh ? And The Calf the weekend after!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tour of Skiddaw ride pics (delayed)’ is closed to new replies.