Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Total Cost of Alcohol
  • badnewz
    Free Member

No, I'm not talking about anti-social behavior, drowned livers, and family breakdown.
    Apparently the average drinker spends £68,000 on booze over their lifetime.
    I worked mine out last night (in the pub), and think I get through £3k a year on booze, which over 40 years of a drinking career, totals £120,000.
    Some of this can be explained to work – I have to drink for my job – the most developed capitalistic societies are also the biggest alcohol consumers.
    But overall, what a f-ing waste of cash!

steveh

That makes me even more glad I don't really drink. I might get through £100 a year on booze but no more.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Not disagreeing, but why do you have to drink for your job?

Are you Jilly Goolden? AICMFP

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Waste?

Waste?

In the words of the late, great George Best: "I spent 90% of my money on women and drink, the rest I just wasted"

Stoner
    Free Member

But overall, what a f-ing waste of cash

that is definitely a matter of opinion.

If I manage to pull off 60 years of enjoyable boozing at c£3k pa Id consider it money very well spent 😉

Coyote
    Free Member

But overall, what a f-ing waste of cash!

Do you enjoy it? If not then it is a waste and you should stop. Otherwise stop the posturing and get on with it. Everything can be quantified as a waste if you try hard enough.

Smee
    Free Member

If I was spending £60/wk on alcohol I would be thinking that I had a problem.

Stoner
    Free Member

that's because you probably drink white lightening zoo-boy.

£50 a week on a few good bottles of wine a some nice pints of bitter is not a massive volume.

RichPenny
    Free Member

£50 a week on a few good bottles of wine

£50 a glass, surely 😉

jabbathehut
    Free Member

fair point, im off to get a bottle of glenfiddich later. 22 quid in tesco :D, cheap as chips woo hoo

Smee
    Free Member

Stoner – I am a man of taste when it comes to the alcohol i consume. Say it's £3/pint – 20 pints a week is way too much in my book.

Stoner
    Free Member

20x £3 pints (@4.2%) = 47 units, or 78p per unit

But £15 a bottle of wine (9 units) = £1.67 per unit. 35 units a week.
    (bollox to nanny state's 21 a week too)

Stay away from spirits though as they can be as little as 30p per unit.

Smee
    Free Member

This thread is a great illustration of how people in the UK are so unhealthy. Why the hell would you want to wake up feeling like shit every morning, or always have your senses dulled?

Stoner
    Free Member

This thread is a great illustration of how people in the UK are so unhealthy.

It's nothing of the sort. If you're waking up feeling shit, you're drinking too much white lightening again.

As was covered in depth in an older thread ( http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/how-much-do-you-spend-on-booze-each-week ) , drinking does not equate to getting battered on shite lager. That might be your experience, in which case it would be your problem.

I cant remember the last time I woke up with even the faintest hangover. And as you may have worked out, I like a drop.

Coyote
    Free Member

This thread is a great illustration of how people in the UK are so unhealthy

Of course, after all we drink far more than any other country in the world.

You may find that the problems with a lot of people in the UK is pisspoor diet and a f***ing miserable, negative mental attitude. Oh, and throw in a good dose of apathy for good measure.

brakes
    Free Member

no idea how much I spend, but it's not that much
    I don't see it as a waste, some of the best nights I've had have involved alcohol

singletrackmind

I have to drink as part of job too. Try to keep it to thirsty thursday's and a moderate amount on Fri and Sat. One big differnce, I don't pay for it at all.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Total Cost of Alcohol’ is closed to new replies.