• This topic has 91 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by loum.
Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Tory voters – happy with your choice?
  • chewkw
    Free Member

Yes. I am happy.

I don’t expect Tories to be able to govern the country perfectly but then no parties can.

I don’t like some of the Tories clowns but then they are new clowns rather than Labour clowns etc.

Or put it simply most politicians are maggots regardless of the party they belong to.

Trust any politicians then you might as well hang yourself.

Lifer
    Free Member

That’s a completely different issue, and not one which was being discussed.

It’s not thought really, we have an oversupply of labour so naturally those who require more flexibility will lose out to those who are as qualified but able to work as and when and without concessions for access etc.

CHB

So are the Tories really stuffing the disabled? Genuine question. Or are they just raising the bar to a sensible level for claimants?

Bearing in mind it was Thatcher that set up a lot of this mess by using disability in ex coal mining areas as a politically expedient way of controling unemployment stats.

Folk should be responsible for their own future and success. And work is the way to achieve this. In my home town of Leeds there is plenty of work if you are willing. The jobs and hours might not be great, but they are there. A safety net is the mark of a civilised society. No one should be destitute. But its there as a net, not a lifestyle.

Lifer
    Free Member

CHB – Member
    So are the Tories really stuffing the disabled? Genuine question. Or are they just raising the bar to a sensible level for claimants?

Have a look at the wonderful Sue Marsh’s blog

Diary of a benefit scrounger

ransos
    Free Member

my home town of Leeds there is plenty of work if you are willing

The unemployment rate is at its highest level since 1995. There aren’t enough jobs to go round and that’s all there is to it.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Thatcher that set up a lot of this mess by using disability in ex coal mining areas as a politically expedient way of controling unemployment stats.

Interesting if you actually look at the Thatcher years, Major years and Blair Years…

BermBandit
    Free Member

Have a look at the wonderful Sue Marsh’s blog

You are not kidding 😯 Well worth clicking on the I am Spartacus link. Suspected as much, but still a bit of a shocker to see it in print on offical headed paper like that.

BermBandit
    Free Member

Berm Bandit – Member

Berm Bandit – Member

but that I have worked hard in order not to be a burden to anyone else.

Out of interest was your hard work truthfully simply for altruistic reasons or was it due to limited choices?

Well?

<drums fingers on desk and examines nails closely> 😕

wrecker
    Free Member

We we discussing the issue of employment as a political strategy, not at this particular point in time, so it is irrelevant.

grum
    Free Member

So are the Tories really stuffing the disabled?

Yes. Still we have to pay for that top rate tax cut somehow eh?

Changing employers attitudes will be difficult for sure and definitely needs improving.

And in the meantime we just cut off their benefits?

Since when do you need to be able bodied to work?
    Heard of DDA?

Pretty naive view there.

wrecker
    Free Member

Not really. There is legislation. There is an admittance that employers need to do more. What else do you want?

loum
    Free Member

discussing the issue of employment as a political strategy

[pedant mode]
    Not a strategy.
    I don’t think any of a political parties plan far enough ahead to be considered as “thinking strategically”. At best, I’d call it “tactical thinking”, but that’s generous.
    [/pedant mode]

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Tory voters – happy with your choice?’ is closed to new replies.