Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Torridon Routes?
  • clowner
    Free Member

There was a post on here not to long ago with details of some routes in the Torridon area.

Any chance the poster can repost? The forum search isn't brining it up anymore.

Cheers

clowner
    Free Member

Cheers.

That is a different post but looks to be the same route details.

DavidM
    Free Member

Slight hijack but do any of you Highland regulars know how these trails would be to ride in the winter months? Was up there this summer and it was very wet, then on the only fine day bike death prevented me riding what my mates later told me was one of the best trails, above Achnasheen so i am pretty desperate for a return.

Would a (camping) trip up for a few days be feasable in the upcoming half term? Next Easter?

Thanks

rickmeister

have a look for the Kenny Wilson MTB guide and prepare for a proper adventure! Top place Torridon and possibly my favorite Uk ride was there.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

DavidM,

When we rode this a few weeks back it was pishin' doon and had been wet all the previous week, but it was all perfectly rideable, if a little wet. The surfaces are mostly very good, apart from the section around Loch Coire Fionnaraich, which was a bit damp and soft. We were actually riding in the loch for a good bit.

Hopefully all the moisture will be well locked in by frost at Easter time and the routes don't go too high (450m for Bealach na Lice, 650m for the bealach out of Coire Lair). You'd get a good idea of snow cover by looking at the surrounding hills before you decided on your route.

The Loch Damph circuit is highly recommended as well, short but a brilliant descent 😯

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Torridon Routes?’ is closed to new replies.