Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Top timepiece for mountainbiking?
  • anlegov
    Free Member

I have had an expensive Suunto watch die on me. Sad, because I liked the elevation info. But now I have a GPS I know how high I am. So I am looking to replace the Suunto with a low-key, but cool watch that will take a few knocks. It needs to be analogue, have a decent backlight (like Timex's Indiglo), a rubber-like strap, and I am not keen on any of that TAG Heuer-type posing jewellery.

Any suggestions gang?

matthew_h
    Free Member

One of the analogue G-Shocks sounds like it would probably fit the bill

Loads of them here:

http://www.thewatchhut.co.uk/Casio/Casio-gents.htm

matthew_h
    Free Member
    paule
    Free Member

Nike triax are very nice, and comfy on the bike (if they suit your wrist). They do an analogue line called the triax swift.

Jason
    Free Member

I bought a G-Shock at the start of the year as I kept breaking normal watches. It is great, it has taken quite a few knocks – I actually ended up with a watch shape bruise on my wrist after smacking it into a tree while riding. So far the watch looks pretty much unmarked. Mine has a metal bracelet, but they do a good range with rubber straps.

AlasdairMc

I have a Seiko automatic divers watch that came off eBay for £50. Being automatic, the case always remains sealed so it will be waterproof until kingdom come and it's strong enough to make up for my bashing it off trees and falling off frequently.

I've had it perhaps three years and the only issue is the bracelet is slightly bent from an impact

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

G-Shock They just don't break. had far to many crashes and broken lots of bike bits, but the G-Shock doesn't even have a sratch on it

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

G-Shock.

Utterly unbreakable and they are powered by magic. I'm sure they are, mine seems to have lasted forever without the merest hint of it having anything so coarse as a battery within it.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Get a G-Shock from here
    http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/watchesdeals

Delivered in less than a week, and loads cheaper than the UK

easygirl

a nite watch, the illumination is fantastic, and looks cool, got mine from the nite shop on ebay for £90

taxi25
    Free Member

I've got a couple of nice watches. But for the last seven years my riding watch has been one of these

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2533393/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CJewellery+and+watches%7C14416987/c_2/2%7Ccat_14416987%7CMen%27s+watches%7C14417316/c_3/3%7Ccat_14417316%7CMen%27s+digital+watches%7C14417319.htm

On the bike I can't think of a reason to use anything else.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

#
    AlasdairMc – Member

I have a Seiko automatic divers watch that came off eBay for £50. Being automatic, the case always remains sealed so it will be waterproof until kingdom come and it's strong enough to make up for my bashing it off trees and falling off frequently.

I've had it perhaps three years and the only issue is the bracelet is slightly bent from an impact
    Posted 5 hours ago #

you not had any problems with the automatic movement getting damaged by the shock of rough downhills? Most of the manuals I've read or forum advice says to keep auto watches away from vibrations

anlegov
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips guys. Like the look of one of those "nite watch" jobs. Nice and low key. Now I just need to find one in blue 🙂 – not that I am really a very fussy guy.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Top timepiece for mountainbiking?’ is closed to new replies.