Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • toilet not used for couple of hours now bubbles coming up?!
  • mrsgrips
    Free Member

What does it mean?
    Is it dangerous?

midlifecrashes

Whole thing's about to blow. Find molgrips' best Goretex and gaffer tape it over the pan while you still can!

Srsly though, could be flash flood water overloading the system locally. Or a crocodile.

mrsgrips
    Free Member

anaconda seems more likely

skidartist
    Free Member

urban scuba divers taken a wrong turn

clubber
    Free Member

Renton?

If bubbles are coming up then there's got to be some pressure driving it – quite possibly storm water as suggested.

Best get the bucket and mop ready 🙂

kimbers

mrsgrips
    Free Member

Best get the bucket and mop ready

EEEeeeW ! Surely not?! It's not rained in hours either…there's only a little stream down the hill…hmmm perhaps I better build and ark out of books and waterproof gear…

molgrips
    Free Member

Is it possible to become poisoned by sewer gas coming out of the bogs?

allthepies
    Free Member

One of Molgrips toilet submarines attempting to resurface ?

goog
    Free Member

fizzy turd ?

hels
    Free Member

Mine bubbled and burped for a while, demonstrating some reluctance to drain. Eventually one morning my upstairs neighbour had a shower and it all came up my bog. The drains were blocked. Luckily upstairs neighbour "has a mate with the tools" and fixed it.

mrsgrips
    Free Member

allthepies- Well it was the downstairs toilet which is mostly his because it's filled with bike crap and the sink is always greasy soap flecked… but he's not been home for 2 days now so seems unlike

molgrips
    Free Member

The downstairs toilet, earlier:

mrsgrips
    Free Member

blerg! Molgrips now they're going to think we're YOU'RE a dirty person.
    THAT IS NOT OUR BATHROOM!
    geez louise!

molgrips
    Free Member

I love google image search.

On a more serious note – who do you call if the drains are blokced in your street?

Harry_the_Spider

Is "Brown October" about to surface?

Harry_the_Spider

On a more serious note – who do you call if the drains are blokced in your street?

Whoever your water company is. In the North West its United Utilities.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Sounds like a great big richard the third is stuck down there, break it up with a stick

juan
    Free Member

who do you call if the drains are blokced in your street?

Ghostbusters… tatatatatan 😀

jon1973
    Free Member

Ghostbusters… tatatatatan

Git… I was just about to do that joke.

mrsgrips
    Free Member

Two things:
    Now smells strongly of sewage
    It is very windy (outside) could wind pressure wind getting in the sewers somehow be causing it?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Sounds like turdpocalypse is about to happen. Hide under the stairs and hold onto something big & heavy. DOn't come out until you hear the all clear

mrsgrips
    Free Member

Hide under the stairs and hold onto something big & heavy. DOn't come out until you hear the all clear

Reminds me of when Me Mom and sister were all awoken by our barking dog…big ferocious bark so you knew something was wrong. Long made short some drunk guy trying to get into the house. Called police and they said stay inside and don't come out until they let us know it's safe… they never let us know…I should really be in that house still in the middle of rural America….

Should I bring the daughter to hide or should I let her fend for herself?

midlifecrashes

Here's the science bit.

Linky.

crankboy
    Free Member

When i had one of those posh houses with a downstairs toilet. the toilet would sometimes lose all its water and smell a side effect of pressure and suction and stuff. flush the toilet (the pan should hold more water than the cistern) . If it fills and drains normally problem sorted .
    If it fills and does not drain normally DO NOT FLUSH it again,you have a blockage. Send Molgrips to B and Q to buy caustic soda. Stay well out of the way while he mixes a plastic bucket of caustic soda and pours that down and leaves it for a bit . This should produce a horrible sucking noise and the obstruction goes, you can then congratulate Molgrips and or call him an ambulance depending on how careful he was with the caustic soda.

Moses

Get that sink plunger working. It'll soon sort you out.

cranberry
    Free Member

Language NSFW!

Macavity
    Free Member

Its how rats get into your house up the sewagepipe and through the water-trap in the lavy pan.

piha
    Free Member

Do you live on Pontprennau?

Edit; Sorry if spelling is wrong

Xylene
    Free Member

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘toilet not used for couple of hours now bubbles coming up?!’ is closed to new replies.