Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Toddler Bike Seat – Anyone stock Weerides in Yorkshire??
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’d like to actually get my hands on a Weeride Front Seat for 2 reasons.

1. To see if it would fit my bike
    2. To see if Jnr FD will fit in it

No one locally to me has any in stock (Bradford) so does any one know of any where nearish that does have them in?

Thanks

ivantate
    Free Member

Mothercare should have them now.

carlosg
    Free Member

try the Asda at Pudsey they sometimes have them ,you should be able to get one to fit your bike no problem our used to fit on Mrscarlos 14″ Cannondale ok.

meehaja
    Free Member

If you’re over in Leeds you can try mine if you like?

mangoridebike

The crucial element for fitting is that you need at around 15mm of spacers under your stem for the “stinger” (attachment) to fit, without this you will struggle. Also high rise riser bars will provide the most comfort and ease of getting little ones in and out. A stem of aroun 90 – 100mm is also necessary. If you can tick all those boxes then bike fitting is relatively straight forward. There may be exceptions to the above but that has been my experience. Currently the work horse bike is a Dialled Love/Hate.

In terms of child size then my youngest has been in our one since she was able to wear a helmet comfortably. she is still riding around comfortably now at 2 3/4 (around 90cm tall) with her feet not close to touching the bottom of the chair.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

This is the bike I want to put it on, and I am a bit concerned it may not fit… think it might be an email to Weeride. I can’t see how you can put it on the spacers as they turn with bars.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Do you have a Costco nearby? Saw them in the one in Bristol last week. I think it would fit on the Klein, you may need longer bolts though. I use longer bolts on my White.

Doh1Nut

It’s going to be tricky getting that onto the head tube as the top headset cup is so close to the top tube and the join is smoothed makes it worse.
    That said I have fixed mine entirely around the headset tube . you may be able to fix it round the bottom bit of the headset cup?

N

mangoridebike

ignore my post – I was talking about a completely different toddler seat – got the names confused. apologies for any confusion

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Thats ok 🙂

Will give Asda at Pudsey a try.

Meehaja – I’m in Baildon, where abouts are you?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Toddler Bike Seat – Anyone stock Weerides in Yorkshire??’ is closed to new replies.