Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Todays Qs ride pics.
  • knottie8
    Free Member

I havent been riding for a few weeks due to a small health issue but today I risked a few Qs miles. My hand seems ok just a little sore . The ride started with a good group who bit by bit split off to do different routes leaving me doing a short/easy loop. At the furthest point from the car my freehub decided to slip ! Then after the ladys edge walk it decided to fixwheel all the way back. At least it failed on a gentle Qs recovery ride not a Dartmoor epic . The Qs were really busy today we bumped into a Ralphies demo day and Oldfart out with his missus. For some reason my camera didnt give me the best results either. Comments ?

Click the pics for more pics.

snaps
    Free Member

Glad to hear you're back riding again 🙂
    I did a Princetown/Postbridge/Bellever loop on Dartmoor today.
    I've got those forks on the bike but not had chance to try them yet (took LBS 3 weeks to get a crown race 🙄 ) but I'll get it done tomorrow.

knottie8
    Free Member

I bet Dartmoor was fab today with the sun out .

snaps
    Free Member

I was a hazy 9C & busy with wildlife, red socks & roadies

azarat
    Free Member

Snaps. Is there a reason why all the sheep are pointing there butts at You? (sorry the camera) or is it just a coincidence?

knottie8
    Free Member

ha ha some of the cows are too !

saladdodger
    Free Member

fantastic I am pleased you have decided to "come out"

What does your mate think to the scandal???

Dibbs
    Free Member

Great day on the Quantocks, the Ralphies demo rides went well, and we only broke one rider who just happens to work at the same place as me, but I won't say much 😀

Dibbs
    Free Member

I saw that fat bloke on the yellow bike over at Lydeard Hill 😀

saladdodger
    Free Member

So Dibbs do you NEED that carbon 19?

Dibbs
    Free Member

It was sooo nice and they had to prise it away from me. 😥

ART

Yup Qs positively heaving today. Lots of DofE kids tramping along and groups on bikes, was that demo stuff (at Dead Woman's ditch) or something else? Spotted a few 'control' points on our travels too. Mostly though just loving the gorgeous weather – it was proper warm in the sun out of the wind. Funny Knottie we actually said today it had been a while since we'd bumped into you on our travels…. 🙂

Dibbs
    Free Member

There was a huge group of DofE kids, an Orienteering group and some kind of Corporate Team Building cycling thing plus loads of families, I dread to think what it'll be like tomorrow (Mothers Day) with all the grandparents out with their precious grandchildren. I'm almost glad I have to work.

ART

Ah that explains it… was never quite sure what was lurking round the next corner…! 😯

judderman
    Free Member

was up there today, did'nt see any familiar faces until I took the advise from here & tried the Plough at Holford & who should I bump into – Oldfart having a crafty post ride pint!
    Glad we tried the Plough again as it was great food & a very warm welcome!Two things which have been missing from there for a long time,congratulations to the new landlord!

rob1984p
    Free Member

Oh how I miss the Q's, thankfully it's only three and a bit months 'til I return.
    Anyhow, on the subject of the Plough my best mate lives a woodlands which is just outside Holford and for a long time just screwed his face up when it was suggested for even a pint, now the whole family are down there regularly; it's great to have something on that side of the hills again.

oldfart

Yes indeed 'twas a tad crowded yesterday .Recognised Mr K a mile off .Must have been the leg bandage 😆 .Have to say faggots,chips n peas and a pint of Doombar at the Plough was most excellent .Just one thing don't try it half way round a ride leave it 'til the end .I was proper stuffed , don't think i could have rode anywhere after that .Gave me a bit of trouble in the trouser trumpet department as well !OF by name etc …
    Chatted to the landlord .He confirmed he is MTB friendly .Will be serving grub until about 3pm , but in the summer will be offering baguettes etc all day , oh and cream teas ! 😀 Almost a pity i won't be around to try one !What was your grub like Nige ?

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Stunning day yesterday, maybe that's why the hills were so busy. There were over 20 DofE groups apparently, and a training session for some large scale corporate outdoor competition. That's what was going on a Dead Womans Ditch. Surely you noticed the unusual number of wobblies out on mountain bikes?! There were also alot of DHing going on and a few uplifts operating from Triscombe and Cockercombe (we were on smaller bikes and peddled back up through Greatwood.

A few pics

sharki
    Free Member

Friday, myself and a few misfits did a pootle for a bit, then lunch and a pint in the Plough, we climbed out and headed to Triscombe for DH, in went one bike and out came a DH bike, full facers and armour went on…as for me, i dropped my saddle on the ss, felt exposed in a xc lid and off we went for run one and down to the uplift.

8 runs later and no climbing later the sunset and we headed off after a cracking day on bikes.

I was particularly happy as i've not ridden in anger in over a month, yet felt confident hitting jumps and even did the old track for the first time since it claimed my knee ligs and did it faster than ever before.

Me likey DH!

Sat went out for just an hour with a mate who's not ridden in ages.

Today tried to ride the hills before meeting up a triscombe for more DH, but stood around chatting to people i've not seen for a while, so two of us headed straight back to do a few DH runs and wait for a mate to turn up..

Sessioned a catch berm till a set of new fox forks blew up so we packed up and cleared off.

My mojo is well and truly back, unfortunately so is my passion for speed and gnarl!

Once again a busy day on the hills and my eyes are full of that awesome thing called DUST

charlierevell
    Free Member

Was it the microsoft challenge and Deadwomans?
    Was nice to get the new bike out even tho it does have wobbly Specialized bearings!

judderman
    Free Member

OF

Food was good – fresh & tasty & a good price, but the cider was better 😉

knottie8
    Free Member

Sharki
    If your that bitten by DH I still have an old dh frame sat here doing nothing.

sharki
    Free Member

Thanks! i'm enjoying it on the ss and at my present bimbling speed that is enough….

Plus if i had a DH bike i may forget how to ride up hill.

The 456 is a very good DH frame, undo seat clamp, lower seat post, disengage brain sorted!

rOcKeTdOg

glad your back Knottie

llamafarmer
    Free Member

agentdagnamit – Love that 3rd pic, great perspective

knottie8
    Free Member

why thank you RD

pic from todays red sock session.

Dibbs
    Free Member

One of them flippin things ran across in front of me on the way to work this morning, quite scary on CX tyres and canti brakes. 😯

oldfart

Cripes Dibbs deer on CX tyres and cantis ?Scarey indeed ! 😆

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Todays Qs ride pics.’ is closed to new replies.