Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Today, in Scotland, I had someone try to deny me access.
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

The conversation went something like this:

“You cant ride there”

“Yes I can”

“You’d be better off on the road”

“Not if I want to ride along this path I wont. Have a good day.”

The guy sounded english.

This was in Dalmeny estate.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I hope you left him in a cloud of dust.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Interesting. Whereabouts in Dalmeny? Was he a walker or a resident/employee in the estate?

I ride through there quite often in the evenings and never had any trouble, but then I do tend to ride on the estate roads, and only occasionally use the path that comes along the golf course and along the front.

geoffj

The guy sounded english.

Racist

Edit:

Typical middle class Edinburgh accent then.

You should have owned him with your claymore.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Beaten to it by geoffj.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Pixelmix – I think it was an employee.

AlasdairMc

By any chance were you on a rigid SS 29er? I was just there about an hour or so ago on my CX and passed someone looking suitably niche, and figured it had to be an STWer.

matt_outandabout

Do remember that not everyon in Scotland agrees with the access rights we have; and not everyone has understanding of them.

Did he have a specific reason? We do object to access around us / some of our property regularly at work, and legally so.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I was on a rigid ss 28er with drop bars.

AlasdairMc

ah, my mistake…

Nice night to be out though, I didn’t have any problems riding along the coastal path. Where were you when you were spoken to?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

On the coastal path.

project
    Free Member

It wasnt TJ was it. Where you wearing an approved helmet.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Warra plonker. Until the LRA they attempted to ban bikes from the estate completely. Now they got not choice at all. Especially cheeky as they got a grant to improve the coastal path I believe. They are refusing to have a bridge put in in Crammond to replace he ferry that never ran

bruneep

28er? Uber niche 😯

bigjim

Was it Lord Morton?

imnotverygood

You weren’t riding down the 4th fairway were you?

matt_outandabout

You weren’t riding down the 4th fairway were you?

Looking for rough were we?

Sanny
    Free Member

You know, if you stuck to the likes of Ben MacDhui and the Cairngorm plateau, you wouldn’t encounter problems like that! Ha! Ha!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

But Sanny, my conscience would be bothering me then…

cyclop
    Free Member

Similar thing happened to me whilst trying to enter the forest 4 mls west of Langholme via Logan Water where ,at the forest entry, there was a”shooting in progress” sign(rusty).Enquiring at the cottage I was told “the stalker is up there today”.Didn,t hear anything for the next hour I was in the area.Should I have ignored this?Methinks yes and will do next time.

allthegear
    Free Member

I was told “the stalker is up there today”.Didn,t hear anything for the next hour I was in the area.

Given that the stalker is likely to have only one client with him and likely to only make one or two shots in the day (or maybe even none if they are shooting photos – new age stalking) then I wouldn’t base what you hear on whether or not you messed up their day…

Rachel

j_me
    Free Member

What were they stalking at this time of year?

imnotverygood

Rio Fredinand apparently

yunki
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIIAQME1Uhg[/video]

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Love Big Train

Waderider
    Free Member

This has happened to me before up here, courtesy of English tourists.

Note to English tourists – don’t bring your bad attitudes to Scotland. We get on with each other up here.

*Edit – I have some sympathy for the stalker thing though. I once disturbed a stalk in Glen Orrin, however I had checked the proscribed ‘daily activity’ board in the wee building down the glen from Inverchoran. If Angus Cameron is too lazy to communicate with folk it’s not my fault 🙄

atlaz
    Free Member

Note to English tourists – don’t bring your bad attitudes to Scotland. We get on with each other up here.

Yeah, I bet all the bombs posted around Scotland were posted by English people

Waderider
    Free Member

atlaz – I was referring to outdoor users. Football is just an excuse for petty bigotry and tribalism and as such has no place in evolved society. Plus of course, scum of the earth posted those bombs.

Waderider
    Free Member

*double post*

Kevevs
    Free Member

Even by your standards that’s a truly weak and transparent troll SBZ. Give it up! can you not run down the street in yer pants or something?

j_me
    Free Member

*double post*

Actually I think they posted three of them.

Waderider
    Free Member

🙄 😆

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

This is a family forum. Therfore, I can’t say type what I’d say to someone who tried to hunt me off their land up here. Especially if they were sassenachs.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

“sassenachs”

Lowlanders you mean? Are you a Teuchter? Most of the inhabitants of scotland are sassenachs

j_me
    Free Member

Sassenachs derived from Sasunnach meaning saxon.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

“sassenachs”

Lowlanders you mean? Are you a Teuchter? Most of the inhabitants of scotland are sassenachs

Y’know, i pointed this out to a stridently Scottish friend of mine – born in Rochdale of course! 🙄
    Anyway, told him that most of what is now lowland Scotland was at one time settled by Anglo-Saxon peoples and he went librarian poo!

Told me he was a Celt and that no bloody Saxon settled Scottish territory…

Mind you, he thinks Braveheart was a documentary!

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Today, in Scotland, I had someone try to deny me access.’ is closed to new replies.