Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • To those coming down to the Qs 21st march(pics).
  • Dibbs
    Free Member

Dibbs are you free for the oldfarts ride next week?

I finish Nights in seven hours and 22 minutes and then I’m off until Saturday the 21st at 07:30.

sharki
    Free Member

Cool, so we can ride everyday next week then….or have you that skirting to paint? 😉

Dibbs
    Free Member

I haven’t even finished fitting the skirting yet, you mustn’t rush these jobs you know. Anyway whats this “paint” I’ll have you know I’m using “finishing oil” whatever that is 🙄

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’ve just found the forecast for next Saturday, looks a bit chilly.
    Quantocks weather 21/03/2009

MrNutt
    Free Member

**** SNOW?!?! not again dear god!

charlierevell
    Free Member

If it snows I WILL NOT be happy!

Do we have numbers yet guys? Like REAL numbers?

Sharki… I rode Weacombe last weekend on sat and there were a good few trees in my face! Ill clear it up tomo.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I’m gonna be heading over from Barnstaple with Snaps. Haven’t ridden the Qs since New Year, so intending on heading up there on Thursday afternoon to sneak some practice in. Sorry if I’m asking daft questions, but what has happened at Weacombe? Is it still rideable?

Are we still intending on having a BBQ afterwards? I’ll try not to bring a pack of 8 Spar sausages and then eat everyone else’s chicken (as a friend of mine did once before).

sharki
    Free Member

no bbq due to lack of interest, if however there’s enough interest i maybe able to arrange on to be ready for when we’ve finished riding.
    Weacombe had some trees down from the snow, it’s ok now though all bar a few whipy branches..

snaps
    Free Member

So its still CPG @ 9am for a 10am start for both groups?

Moses

Poo. Can’t make it, as Mrs M wants to go walkies – on the Quantocks!
    So I will wave if I see you.

Was down there yesterday with some mates, cycling for the first time. It’s a lovely mix of different types of trail.

sharki
    Free Member

yup all meet at cpg to be ready to ride at 10am.
    Bikeshop van there at 9 with supplies and maybe even freebies!.

aleigh
    Free Member

MrNutt, i’m am the sedgemoor beast but alas i have no mate

that’s because no ladies ride in your neck of the woods……yet! 😉

Moses

For the foreigners – what is CPG?
    Full name?
    Map reference?

snaps
    Free Member

Crowcombe park gate large gravel/grass car park on both sides of the road.

knottie8
    Free Member

Bloody lovely up there today !

Weacombe is riding oh so well unlike the big climb back to the top !

Dibbs
    Free Member

I rode Stert Combe for the first time for ages, I think they’ve gone over the top with the flail, its not the same when you get to Somerton and your legs aren’t cut to ribbons by the heather and the gorse 😕
    Tis a gorgeous day though, shame its going to be snowing next Saturday 😉

aleigh
    Free Member

Any chance of a postcode? Streetmap is not my thang!

Moses

TA5 1LJ will get you to Nether Stowey; you’ll need a map from there.

aleigh
    Free Member

i don’t do maps, you should know that moses!

MrNutt
    Free Member

aleigh, you driving? I can give you a lift if you like?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Aleigh; what about, right, I come with you, and instead of riding silly bikes and getting all knackered and muddy, we sit in the cafe and eat cakes and stuff? I’ve got a gammy finger anyway.

What d’you reckon? S’a good plan, innit?!!? 😀

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Nutt, you gots a vayn?

I’ve got to have me stitches out on Tuesday, but it looks like healing up nicely, and I’m desperate to get out for a good bikey. A gentle one, though, mind. With gears.

knottie8
    Free Member

aleigh
    Free Member

aleigh, you driving? I can give you a lift if you like?

that would be fab 🙂 i’ll give you some petrol money

Aleigh; what about, right, I come with you, and instead of riding silly bikes and getting all knackered and muddy, we sit in the cafe and eat cakes and stuff? I’ve got a gammy finger anyway.

What d’you reckon? S’a good plan, innit?!!?

it sounds like a great plan although i doubt CG or sharki would let me just sit around eating cake!

we can do all that in may though 😉 😆

sharki
    Free Member

hi just reporting in from high on a hills top…it’s a dark and stary night.
    The bike is bloody dusty and the stoopid lambs are littering the trails….ride cancelled until they’ve all been slaughtered….
    Now really! **** it’r awesome up ere nowt but me the deer and whatever else lurks not there.
    Laters….

forge197
    Free Member

So is there going to be different pace groups? Just seeing if it’s suitable to bring Mrs Forge along?

aleigh
    Free Member

I believe there are but sharki or knottie will be able to give more details

knottie8
    Free Member

check out the route info at the begining ish of this thread to see if it suitable for Mrs F.

mid level route here http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/another-fine-day-on-the-quantockspics

Just sharki’s tour of the Qs route to write down…

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

If I wanted to come down the night before and stay in my van, is there somewhere suitable nearby? Would staying in the carpark overnight be possible?

snaps
    Free Member

I don’t see why not – can’t remember any signs saying not, bit remote though but I think there is a pub in Crowcombe, bit of a steep walk back to the van!

forge197
    Free Member

thanks Knottie just to trying to put the elevation climb into context, Mrs F has done the Moyle Hill Trail in Dalbeattie but can see how much climbing that had. Distance seems fine though.

grumm
    Free Member

Hi snaps – sent you an email re 661 pads.

charlierevell
    Free Member

GOOOOOOoogle Map!

You’ll want junction 25 of the M5 if coming from the north, then follow the route above straight to the car park! Turn Right at B then you wont have to go thru the village!

You could also use this one if you get off at junction 23…

Google Map from Junct 23

I could also meet people on a Mway junction (Probably junction 23 if your all coming down the M5) and lead you up there if you want?
    Saves people getting lost on route!
    you can email me if you want this on charlierevell@gmail.com, if theres enough people want to folow i’ll be there for half 8ish and we’ll pick a layby to meet in!

sharki
    Free Member

i aim to try and get some bright markers and put them up to show the way off the main roads…from either direction off the m5 you need to follow signs for minehead..it’r knowing which lane to turn off at, so a bright arrow with some writing on should help….something like next left for cake, this way for pain, turn back if you’ve got ssc brake pads…..see you later.

Moses

NickNoxx, yes.

On the road NE from the CPG carpark toward Nether Stowey, there’s a good pull-off about 400m away, called Dead WOman’s Ditch. I’ve stayed there in our van a couple of times (& might be there the Saturday night)
    Another few hundred metres down the hill is another more secluded car park. Take a spade to dig sanitary pits with, though. Leave no litter.

MicArms

Knottie,
    I was planning to come down for this one ( As you know) but work has cocked up my plans yet again. Have a good ‘un folks.

sharki
    Free Member

what moses said, oddly i slept in the car up there last night(long story) but in the cp between cpg and dwd better view of the sunrise up here, just had some breakie and saw a hot air balloon, does that mean it’r summer…
    Anyway stopping over isn’t generally a problem so long as its not camping and no fires, and as moses said keep it clean..
    If you do fancy doing it do you fancy a night ride to the pub? It’r only about 10miles off road there and back.

charlierevell
    Free Member

So have we got ‘final’ numbers sharki?

forge197
    Free Member

sharki sent you a mail

TranquilityBase
    Free Member

I’m relatively new to the South West, is this ride open to anyone on here. If it is could someone summarise the meet place and time (putting kids to bed and haven’t got time to trawl through), many thanks.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘To those coming down to the Qs 21st march(pics).’ is closed to new replies.