Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • to the nay sayers (ghetto tubeless)
  • BluePalomino
    Free Member

Been running ghetto tubeless for over 12 months now – i’d got tired of continual flats. This morning i was out in the local hills and got my first tubeless puncture. Coming down a steep hill in some woods there was suddenly the weirdest wooshing noise front back wheel. I stopped to see latex spraying out at pressure from a noticeable hole. Not bad i thought – 1 flat in 12ish months, but pity the tire was fcked after only 1 week!! Anyway, put finger on hole and moved wheel about. Latex spray had stopped a bit. Continued downhill and once at bottom i inspected tire – no sign of any leak at all. Got back on bike and did another 15 miles. Don’t understand people who get all noidy about ghetto – it clearly works very well.

turnip
    Free Member

Ive been using it for 7 odd years now…

Only had on propper flat which didnt fix itself, a 2 inch gash in the tread of the tyre.

Beats anything else on the market,

nickc

Rode today on regular tyres and innertubes, didn’t have a puncture. Haven’t have a puncture for as long as I can remember.

puddle-rider
    Free Member

You’ll get one now!!!!!!!!!

bassspine
    Free Member

Don’t anger The Puncture Gods! You’re doooomed!

Wally

Super Ghetto with Duck tape and a chopped up valve is the next step. Allows you to change tyres easily.
    super ghetto

cynic-al
    Free Member

this particular experience seems to be about sealant rather than the ghetto system.

Op how often do you change tyres?

nickc

May do. This kind of weather, TBH I don’t care. 🙂

BluePalomino
    Free Member

For those who are getting a lot of tube punctures i would definitely recommend switching to tubeless. Makes a massive difference and the ghetto method seems well worth the small initial effort. For sealant i have used artshop Latex and also bike specific sealant (‘no tubes’). I have changed tires 2 and 3 times over 2 bikes – but only cos i fancied a change of tire. Also tried sealant in tubes but have found it less effective than tubeless. Personally the past 12 months have shown me that ghetto works for me – i may now move away from the 20″ cut tube method and see what the (super Ghetto) taped valve stands up like.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘to the nay sayers (ghetto tubeless)’ is closed to new replies.