Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • To the Lyrca Clad twit (Parkway Train Station)
  • Spankmonkey
    Free Member

I really hope your on here but your riding gives the cycling community a bad name, you overtook me, undertook 2 cars, swerved through 3 others in and out and cause 2 of us to hammer our brakes on, and you did not stop at a give way and pulled out in front of 2 cars. Tool. Next time I wont stop and you can explain why you got run over to the hospital. pillock

Rant end

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

it was me 🙂

wwaswas

"Lyrca Clad twit"

you never wear lycra Simon…

soobalias
    Free Member

swerving 'through' cars is impressive.

tracknicko
    Free Member

causing cars to use their brakes, delaying their commute by anything up to 1 or 2 seconds.

burn him!

coffeeking
    Free Member

SOOBalias – easy

Gary_M
    Free Member

really hope your on here

That should be 'you're on here'.

Someone on a bike pulled out in front of me this morning, I called him a fanny as I rode past. Happens all the time with cars. Idiots ride bikes, idiots drive cars.

And I just love your 'lycra clad twit' daily mailesque headline.

tracknicko
    Free Member

this one time… a woman in central sheffield had to pause for over 3 seconds as a cyclist struggled to get clipped in at an advanced stop line. much swearing and horn bashing took place.

this sort of thing can't continue.

don't these lycra clad terrors of the street realise that these hard working immigrant-fearing bmw drivers need to arrive at the office at 8.50am and 0 seconds? you cant even begin to imagine the butterfly effect of having to wait for even a heartbeat.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

F*cking cyclists…

Jamie
    Free Member

I was that Lyrca Clad twit.

I am also Spartacus.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Lol at the use of fanny as an insult 🙂

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Damn. All the time and energy I spend riding like a twit through North Bristol and it wasn't even me.

terrahawk
    Free Member

your lycra-clad twit sounds pretty cool to me.

GavinB

So, Sp*nkmonkey, is this going as you imagined? Or did you mean to post this on the Daily Mail forum?

As someone has said, some drivers are idiots, some cyclists are idiots. One of them is in charge of a ton of metal.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

One of them is in charge of a ton of metal.

Many of them are now in charge of two or three tonnes of metal, having sat their test in something the size of a fag packet, and still completely incapable of looking beyond the end of their nose.

Meanwhile the nutcase on the bike, filtering and shooting gaps like a madman is very definatly concentrating on what he is doing. I quite like the fact it gives motorists serious brown trouser moments, wakes the **** up.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

doesn't it just reflect the contempt motorists treat us with ?

njee20
    Free Member

Which Parkway station though?

Bristol?
    Aylesbury Vale?
    Southampton Airport?

I feel the information is inadequate.

…you did not stop at a give way…

That's why they are signed "Give Way". It's because you don't have to stop, you just have to give way. The ones where you have to stop are marked "Stop".

scaredypants

this one time… a doood on a fixie in central sheffield had to pause for over 3 seconds as a cyclist (a **** CYCLIST !!) and a car (yeah, bastards) stopped at a red light. much swearing and tweaking of kerazzy facial hair took place.

this sort of thing can't continue.

don't these steel clad terrors of the street realise that these hard working indestructible, fearless eco-saving knights of the highway need to arrive at the office at 8.50am and 0 seconds? you cant even begin to imagine the butterfly effect of having to wait for even a heartbeat.

Talkemada
    Free Member

I'd quite like a Terminator-esque ability to be able to suddenly produce a metal spear from my arm, which would go through the window and skull of any driver who cut me up then had the temerity to have a go at me…

One impatient **** deliberately drove into my back wheel, almost knocking me off once (very narrow bit of road, no space to overtake). He then wound down his window, to spout some bile at me, so I punched him square in the face. My mate in front almost fell off his bike with laughter.

Other drivers have regretted attempting to endanger my life. Chunts.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

anger management issues…

Helios
    Free Member

njee20 – Member

Which Parkway station though?

Bristol?
    Aylesbury Vale?
    Southampton Airport?

I feel the information is inadequate.

Agree – there are 18 "Parkway" stations on the GB network – which one are you talking about? There may even have been as many as 18* different Lycra Clad twits this morning…

*my guess is that this is a massive underestimate

cookeaa

I’m Gonna side a bit with Spank monkey here, it’s not so much cars being forced to brake, as the reliance of some dicks on drivers vigilance (never the wisest ploy) for their own safety, I think the OP is reasonably justified in not wanting to have to scrape some **** out of his radiator and answer questions posed by the Rozzers, ride a bit more carefully and everyone gets to work OK, ride like a tosser often enough and eventually you’ll wind up draped over a Mondeo looking like a tit…

tracknicko
    Free Member

good work on the punch. ive not had the balls so far… but it may well happen one day…

Talkemada
    Free Member

anger management issues…

I know. I helped him 'manage' his anger though! 😀

Sometimes, some people need to suffer shock and violence themselves, to make them realise what they're doing to others.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Wheel rammed by car, punch in face seems fair tbh….

…ride like a tosser often enough and eventually you’ll wind up draped over a Mondeo looking like a ****

Because cyclists who ride entirely legally never get hit by cars. 🙄

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

as the reliance of some dicks on drivers vigilance (never the wisest ploy)

when riding on the road, assume all drivers are:
    a) having a heart attack
    b) out to kill you
    (whichever is worst)

Talkemada
    Free Member

Wheel rammed by car, punch in face seems fair tbh….

He pulled up level on a wider bit of road further on. TBH, I didn't know if he was going to get out and attack me, so the punch was purely instinctive really. I was wound up and a bit shaken by his 'attack' on me, and was acting defensively.

T'was a great punch. Really connected.

(Window wound down) 'You ****ing cyclists you're all…' SMACK!

Job done. I've done a lot worse.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Job done. I've done a lot worse.

you mean stabbing people other than yourself ??

cookeaa

Look at it this way, if any of us saw a driver acting like billy big bollocks; cutting people up, ignoring basic rules of the road, resolving arguments with fists, basically being anti social and endangering themselves and others we would all rightly see that person as a road rage addled cock-monger who should have their licence taken away…

So why, given all the complaints and anecdotes on this forum and others about bad drivers, do most of you lot see it as perfectly acceptable to apply the same twatty behaviour to cycling, not exactly helping the cause is it?

Talkemada
    Free Member

you mean stabbing people other than yourself ??

I've never actually stabbed anybody else, no.

Yet….

D0NK

I got run into by a car (intentionally), completely totalled my back wheel, wish I'd punched the driver – it would have been the only punishment he'd have got for it.

not exactly helping the cause is it?

bit naive of you that, we could all ride to the letter of the highway code and we'd still get abuse and grief from drivers.

binners

I love the Malcolm Tucker quote :

Cyclists?! Cyclists?! Everyone hates cyclists!! Even cyclists hate f***ing cyclists!!!

Seems about right eh? You bunch of ****s!!!!

closeactionchris
    Free Member

Ah, the joy of cycling on British roads….
    Too many incidents to relate in 30+years of road cycling. The best one was a couple of years ago when I had the temerity to ride two-abreast along a quiet country road between Mkt. Harborough and Desborough with a mate. A Leicester City shirt clad twunt screeched to a halt in front of us and leapt out, full of bravado and testosterone. His perspective was corrected when he was confronted by 6'4" and 16 stone of ex-international rugby player rather than the 8 stone cyclist he was expecting. He was thrown over one hedge and his car keys over the other. He then shouted "I'm going to f####g kill you when I get back over there", so I saved him the time and climbed over the gate. He was off his mark sharpish, and was last seen hot-footing it towards the horizon.
    I think his girlfriend/wife/Julie was less than impressed with him.
    Happy days….

Jakester
    Free Member

As a cyclist and (shock! horror!) a car driver, I can relate to the OP's feelings, if not necessarily the spelling mistakes.

This recent spate of good weather has brought out the flouro brigade in force – I can't wait until we get a proper Britsh summer and the rain drives them off the road.

A couple of days ago I nearly killed a cyclist. Why? Because he was riding along the pavement and, without looking, swerved out and off the kerb into the road, causing me to take evasive action.

I generally give cyclists a wide berth (because I'd like one myself), which is why he got off with a blast of the horn, instead of being mashed by a distracted parent in an SUV. What irritated me is that he shook his head at me, in the contemptous way no doubt we've all done – but it was his fault. All it needed was a quick 'look over the shoulder'.

It's not ALWAYS the driver who's a ****t- oftentimes (at least around these parts) the rider is at least partially at fault.

Gary_M
    Free Member

ignoring basic rules of the road

I see people on bikes riding like cocks all the time, I don't find it in the slightest bit acceptable.

I do take offence at the 'lycra clad' reference. It's all very daily mail.

Talkemada
    Free Member

This recent spate of good weather has brought out the flouro brigade in force – I can't wait until we get a proper Britsh summer and the rain drives them off the road.

Bit selfish innit?

Personally, I'd like to see something like volcanic ash that's completely harmless to people, but knackers car engines, and drives 'em all off the road.

But that's just me, and I'm a selfish, nasty and horrible person….

Oh, and I'm a cyclist, not a car driver who rides a bike sometimes. 🙄

Jakester
    Free Member

Oh, and I'm a cyclist, not a car driver who rides a bike sometimes.

Bit sanctimonious, innit?

Talkemada
    Free Member

Yep.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘To the Lyrca Clad twit (Parkway Train Station)’ is closed to new replies.