Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • To all the girls
  • roughneck
    Free Member

Need to get some 3/4 tights for the wife. She's just started Biking

ditch_jockey

bigamist?

Onzadog
    Free Member

see what you did there.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Mrs PP loves her Pearl Izumi Sugar 3/4s, and they seem to last exceeding well too 🙂

london_lady
    Free Member

I would disagree about the pearl izumi sugar 3/4s – the ones I had did not last very long at all and the pads went very thin very quickly – not impressed. I bit the bullet and bought assos 3/4.
    Look on minx-girl.com – there is a sale on at the moment – am liking the look of the shebeest 3/4s……(puts purse away)

domino

Been very happy with my Gore ones, super comfy and have lasted for ages. The back is nice and high, comfy on the waist, knee area shaped and pad nice and comfortable.

convert

2nd minx girl site. The range available is great & the language used in the explanations gave my wife the confidence to take a punt on what would be right for her. Good service too.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I bit the bullet and bought assos 3/4.

And I had some Assos 3/4s that had far too much padding (Like wearing a nappy) and fell apart at the seams. It's the only Assos I've ever had and will be the last. I've got a lot of PI kit and it's the toughest, best fitting stuff I own (4 Jerseys, windproof, 2 tights, 3/4 tights, 2 bibshorts, waist shorts) which is why I keep buying it. 🙂

london_lady
    Free Member

Yes and I have thrown away a stupidly expensive pair of ladies assos shorts after one ride because the pads were too thick like wearing a nappy and didn't get on with them whereas the 3/4s have a much thinner pad and thats why I bought them and thats why I like them. With regards to pearl izumi – yes I've had/got some good stuff and yes I've had some bad stuff – goes for most cycle clothing IMO – its all hit and miss – you don't know until you try it.

hels
    Free Member

I have had some good experiences with Adidas ladies 3/4 length. Conmfortable enough and seem to last fine. Nice generous German sizes too, unlike that Spanish kit.

I'd buy Adidas kit again.

jacksta
    Free Member

my gore ones have lasted quite well, if she's new to biking they have a medium thick pad. The other thing is they are low cut in front, makes them more comfy for bending, but still high cut at the back so not drafty 🙂

My favs are ground effect ones though – order from NZ website BUT the exchange rate sucks at the moment. They have nice fleecy knees for the winter / usual UK summer and a thinner padding than the gore.

malibu_babe_28
    Free Member

I like the Terry Knickers. +1 for Minx as having the best selection.

brown_eyed_girl
    Free Member

Another vote for the Pearl Izumi 3/4. I've got a few pairs which have lasted me years!

mrsflash
    Free Member

I use small men's endura bibs, or I have a pair of non-bib womens enduras as well.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Another vote for the Terry knickers – have two pairs and choose them every time over my gore ones as they are much more comfortable, and fit better.

Email Debbie at minx, she's very helpful and will probably recommend something.

nickc

Missus loves Endura 3/4.

NZCol

irule Rants with MTB chamois in 2/3 length. Easy. But then i would say that 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

My missus got baptism of fire on our nz trip…. 3 months riding daily …

We worked out what works for her through trial and error …iits all about buttock shape aint it !

i bought her 1×200 1 x 400 and 1 x 600 series chamois womans short from endura.

She can wear the 200s for a couple hours…..the 400s not at all she detests them. Her 600s are fcuked now after 3 years inc 3 months of daily use and washing several 24 hour races several 10 hr solos and a loads of training best give nzcol an email with an order for some new Shorts !

trail_rat
    Free Member

oh and avoid nikes – could count on one hand the number of times they have been worn …

and they are hotpant short too despite being correctly sized….

HTTP404
    Free Member

She's just started Biking

Get her some cheap karrimor ones from that "Sports Direct" shop for under a tenner.

IA

My GF likes her edinburgh bike coop own brand Revolution ones, good value too I think.

roughneck
    Free Member

What are the wiggle ones like

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘To all the girls’ is closed to new replies.