Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • TK Maxx FTW……
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The TK Maxx types are generally a bit insecure and are perhaps worried about “fitting in”, thats why they buy branded clothes with company logos emblazened across the front, and TK Maxx is the cheapest place to get them.

Try asking my wife if that is true about me. When she pops in and has a look at stuff for me, she knows to absolutely NOT buy anything with big logos on because I hate them – I don’t want to be a walking carrier bag advertising a brand.

Try again.

😛

Gary_M
    Free Member

The TK Maxx types are generally a bit insecure

I would have thought those that put other people down for wearing certain brands are the ones who are insecure. Clearly you have issues.

I’m struggling to think of more than a couple of items of clothing I own that you’d have a clue what the brand is, also.

Most of it just happens to be a lot nicer than you’ll find in Asda, or Matalan

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I would have thought those that put other people down for wearing certain brands are the ones who are insecure. Clearly you have issues.

I’m trying to be an inspiration for people – be happy with the clothes you wear and dont worry about what other people think about them.

chewkw
    Free Member

2 x Duck & Cover jeans (external pocket) £35 each.

😆

iDave
    Free Member

I don’t think anyone would be able to tell what ‘brand’ of clothes I wear unless they were a fashion tart. No labels on show, no emblems emblazoned across my chest. Clearly DT has some insecurity issues. Maybe he’d like to dress in stuff you don’t get in the next aisle to pot noodles but lacks the confidence.

dont worry about what other people think about them.

never saw any hint on the thread of people being worried about anything, esp what others think about them.

So, you’re trying to justify being a tramp now taylforth?

What is it, cravate, or stained trench coat?

organic355
    Free Member

And having to shop in the same place as the quicksilver wearing types means my “shopping experience” is severely worsened.

reminds me of:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpXxkyftpxs[/video]

Personally, I don’t worry about what others think – I wore a flat cap last time I went for a night out, much to the amusement of some of my mates.

I got plenty of complimentary comments through the night though and the girlies loved it and kept nicking it to wear themselves.

SiB
    Free Member

Montane jacket (the featherweight(?) h2o one) and montane velo trousers, £8 each, bargains. Buffs/snoods.

Tommy Hillfiger tailored suit – £120

Good for socks, gloves, underwear…….why pay ‘full price’ at other outlets no matter how flush you are? £5 £10 £15 £20 always better in your pocket than the shops.

Some of the homeware ok too.

People who dont shop in TKs for social reasons WILL NOT shop in Aldi either, fact.

Rich
    Free Member

The people putting down TK Maxx, it sounds like you haven’t even been in one!

Half of the brands in there I haven’t even heard of (my Wife often has, she keeps up with these things), but they are good quality, well designed clothes at low prices.

organic355
    Free Member

2 x Duck & Cover jeans (external pocket) £35 each.

are they inside out?

organic355
    Free Member

People who dont shop in TKs for social reasons WILL NOT shop in Aldi either, fact.

I wouldnt buy clothes in TKMaxx, but more than happy to get food / tools etc from LIDLs/ALDIs.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’m trying to be an inspiration for people – be happy with the clothes you wear and dont worry about what other people think about them.

I don’t think anyone on this thread, apart from you, is the slightest bit concerned what others wear.

DezB
    Free Member

Some people seem to be under the impression that all clothes in TK Maxx have big brand names emblazened across them.
    I you have no idea what you are talking about, isn’t it best to saying nothing?

crikey
    Free Member

I’m trying to be an inspiration for people – be happy with your middle class prejudices and dont worry about what other people think about them.

FIFY

So far we’ve learned that davidtaylforth shops at matalan & oxfam for clothes, doesn’t care what people think about the way he dresses and is an opinionated know-all.

You are tandemjeremy and I claim my £5

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Of course if you were truly secure (iDave and artist), you’d give not a shit about what somebody else thought of your taste in clothes.

As an aside, G-Star Hi-tops…serious no-no.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

“As an aside, G-Star Hi-tops…serious no-no.”

😆

ditch_jockey

Do you think he’s related to that other taylforth: the in-car entertainment system?

Speaking personally I tend to wander into TK Maxx every now and again to pick up clothes for work – although my wife tends to refer to my smart casual dress style as Clarkson chic, which I’m not sure is a good thing…

ditch_jockey

You are tandemjeremy and I claim my £5

to be fair to TJ, I seem to remember him posting a pic of himself looking rather suave in formal wear – TJ in a DJ. For all I know he might look like a tramp most of the time, but he scrubs up okay.

epicyclo

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member
    …You are tandemjeremy and I claim my £5

TJ isn’t a nauseating snob…

donsimon
    Free Member

You’re not, I am and I don’t. 😉

Retrodirect
    Free Member

I’m very insecure and need brands emblazened over my chest … but I don’t care ’cause I got one of these dirt cheap

Retrodirect
    Free Member

ag, nae photos … bike related clothing…

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, I got one of those too. Smart

Gachet
    Free Member

TK Maxx is ok, but you always need plenty of time to find anything decent as the stock is presented about aswell as a jumble sale. I much prefer outlet centres like in Bicester and Swindon as things are laid out like a normal shop and you can still pick up some bargains.

What I have noticed is there aren’t as many bargains around as a couple of years ago, I think companies are being cautious with the amount of stock they bring in so there isn’t a huge surplus to get rid of at the end of the season.

iDave
    Free Member

you’d give not a shit about what somebody else thought of your taste in clothes

I don’t. I’m just fighting online prejudice and persecution.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I wore a flat cap last time I went for a night out

I read that as cat flap on first read.

But anyhoos – aren’t flat caps actually meant to be trendy now? Or has that one passed? I gave up keeping up ages ago.

In fact the last lot of nice clothes I got were from Matalan – two really nice polo tops for £4 each in the sale – lovely thick knit, keeping their shape well, look fine with jeans or combats, easy to throw on. And after about ten minutes they are normally covered in baby saliva etc so I don’t have to stress about ruining expensive stuff.

I can’t abide those outlet places – we have one near us off J28 of the M1.

As has been said earlier – no point going to TK Maxx looking for specifics. I’ll trawl 3 or 4 rails and grab a few things to take to 1 changing room.

The outlets, you have to tackle 3 or 4 shops and still not find anything suitable.

djglover
    Free Member

I got some nice plain merino/cashmere jumpers for £15. the kind of stuff that is £100 at Howies. They looked nice but the merino one has bobbled.

Agree with most of what is written above, it does uncover some bargains, you have to have some patience and I wouldn’t be seen dead in Ben Sherman or Diesel, Chavtastic!

Good tags at the top btw.

I’ll take chav over geography teacher

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

combats

LMFAO.

aP
    Free Member

Flat caps? I was walking up Drury Lane with elfin yesterday afternoon when we saw a lat model mini (not the estate agent’s one) with 3 very obvious tourists wearing flat caps being driven around on a touristy steamed up drive round central London.
    I can’t be bothered to go to TKMax because they’re not in very convenient places.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

combats
    LMFAO.

I don’t mean camo combats BTW!

Just this kind of thing. Nothing wrong with them is there? (Not that I care if there is, I likes ’em.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Any combats!!

noteeth
    Free Member

LMFAO

Don’t joke – it’s a war out there.

I’d love to see some photo’s in everyday dress of those who feel qualified to take the proverbial out of anyone’s choice of clothes on here.

I bet some of you look like right dicks/boring farts.

My Diesel tee is pink btw.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Any combats!!

No? Really?

Shit, I am gonna have to go out and do some shopping tomorrow.

Tell me what I have to buy please.

😉

Crell
    Free Member

May the snobbery continue.

I love the shop – but then I like a bargain. It’s the luck of the draw usually though. Some recent ones:

Peak Performance softshell – £275 to £70
    Marmot jacket – £260 down to £60
    Zegna suit – £750 to £200

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘TK Maxx FTW……’ is closed to new replies.