Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Titus Main Pivot bearings
  • OrangeLad
    Free Member

Hi All just brought a motolite and have started to strip the frame as it is off the powder coaters in a couple of weeks. Question is how hard is it to remove the main pivot bearings (all four of them). Is it a job that can be done easily (I've always done my own spanner work) but as this is my first foray in full sus I don't want to mess up the frame. Also will be doing the smaller linkage bearings.

Any advise would be great.

Thanks

Matt

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I tried myself once with a hammer and a punch but couldn't get them to budge so they went to the LBS who applied some brute force. I guess it all depends on how well greased the shell is before they are inserted.

I'm happy to do the swing-link bearings (a couple of sockets and a vice makes it pretty easy) but not confident that I have the tools or skill for the main pivot ones or the HL bushings.

It's one job I'm happy to pay for once every 18 months or so.

OrangeLad
    Free Member

Thanks for those wise words I think I'll do something similar.

househusband

Horrible, nasty job; and one I swore I would never ever attempt again – and possibly the prime reason that I sold my ML a few months ago. As stuartie_c says the others are okay, but the main pivots are a 'mare. Doesn't help that there's a pair either side, and they're bloody tiny for a main pivot.

OrangeLad
    Free Member

I had a look earlier and there doesn't look like there is anything that you can get some purchase on so I guess it has to be pressed out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Titus Main Pivot bearings’ is closed to new replies.