Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Titus El Guapo 29er.
  • Matt
    Free Member

Anyone have one? Good points,bad points etc????

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Hi has anyone rode one of these I see on-one are selling them at £150 without shock

duncancallum

ive a 26 n I love it, think ed oxley has a video with one in?

cobba
    Free Member

Had one since spring.Tall and long is how it feels.Done 2 Peaks loops,Deggy twice and Inners n Glentress twice.Fitting a dropper certainly helped.Enjoy it and money well spent.Fast,flowing stuff suits it fine.It just steamrollers rocky stuff.

Kato

I did read somewhere that it was tight on tyre clearance. Think that’s what put me off

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Got one today popped the back wheel and it’s fine with a 2.25 tubeless on a 30mm rim.

PJM1974
    Free Member

For less than £150 an El Guapo frame has to be the bargain of the century.

Were it not for the fact that my missus would kill me, I’d buy her one.

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Mine turned up before she got home 🙂

pickle
    Free Member

loving the look of the super raw one, for £150 I’d grow a pair 😉

shame it’s in a funny wheel size

Mattbike

I have one. Rides great with plush suspension action. Tyre clearance has not been a problem for me.

scandal42
    Free Member

Wow, that’s cheap

vondally
    Free Member

What is the shock eye to eye length?

dantsw13

How much would a shock cost?

chillidave
    Free Member

As an owner of the 26″ version I’d jump for one at that price, if only they did a large.

The shock is 190mm, OO have CCDBAir shocks with the correct fittings for £250 iirc.

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

I picked up a used fox rp23 off the bay for £60 just waiting for some forks to pop up cheap.

vondally
    Free Member

Anyone got a small frame? Would one work for 5 ft 3 rider?

asneakygnome
    Free Member

asneakygnome
    Free Member

asneakygnome
    Free Member

asneakygnome
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2.35 Hans dampf on the rear and fits fine. It’s a great bike, absolutely devours rocky stuff! Issues I’ve had: with a cane creek dB air shock you can’t put the linkage into the lower position to slacken out the bike as the linkage fouls the shock. I don’t think the main pivot bearings are the greatest in the world so I swapped them out for some enduromax’s instead – actually dead simple to do. It’s a great frame – the hydroforming is beautiful, it does make the frame look more svelte in photos than it is.

kevin1911

This is quite timely – I ordered one on xmas day with the 20% off, so looking forward to getting it. I don’t suppose the frames come with any of the shock hardware (spacers etc) either do they? Going to see if I can get it built up for as close to £1k as possible!

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

There’s no shock bits with it I am doing the same should be less than £1000 that’s with new 11sp XT and some hope pro2 with carbon rims just waiting for some forks to come up for £200

asneakygnome
    Free Member

I popped the new 11 speed xt on mine a couple of weeks ago, its glorious! If your planning on getting the xt crankset too you could save yourself £20 or so by just buying the crank without the xt chain ring and buying a superstar components m8000 narrow wide chain ring instead, they’re 20% off at the moment – that’s if your going 1×11…

Man, I love building up a bike!

kevin1911

Milkybarkid – how on earth are you getting 11sp XT, carbon wheels and the rest of the kit for under £900? Did you already have most of the finishing kit in your spares box?

Also, which shock are you going for? I can’t decide between a Fox CTD or pay a bit more for a Monarch Plus RCT3.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Titus El Guapo 29er.’ is closed to new replies.