Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tip for idieters
  • grum
    Free Member

This may not apply everywhere but my local Asian grocery shop is MILES cheaper than the supermarkets for stuff like chickpeas, beans etc. they also have a huge selection of beans, pulses, gram flour etc, and very cheap decent coriander bunches.

Maybe it’s just a really good shop but it might be worth checking out if there is a local equivalent near you.

cynic-al
    Free Member

supermarkets suck ass in many ways.

ton

i use a local asian minimarket type place in beeston.
    most of the stuff i buy there is half price of the supermarkets.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Asian supermarkets are great…….!
    Every herb spice and condiment known to man a also always cheaper and open at 9pm on a Sunday night.
    They even sell cans of Malta.

grum
    Free Member

Oh everyone else already knew. 🙂

dave65
    Free Member

are the spicy chick pea snacks they sell in Asian supermarkets OK to have on the idiet?

grum
    Free Member

If they just have chick pea flour in them technically yes IMO, but I still don’t reckon eating loads is a good idea. some of them have other types of flour in as well though.

dave65
    Free Member

they are whole chickpeas,think the are fried in spices,very nice for a snack.

grum
    Free Member

Ah I thought you meant Bombay mix type stuff which is made from gram flour (mostly). They sound good, might try and get some. 🙂

dave65
    Free Member

similar to bombay mix but just chickpeas,very addictive

spacemonkey

Yep, just one of those little things that so many people aren’t aware of.

One of our favs is a local store run by a crazy little Italian guy. Packed with herbs, spices, oils, nuts, pulses, flours, grains, sauces etc – all at ridiculously low prices. Plus he does custom blends like Ras-el-Hanout.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tip for idieters’ is closed to new replies.