Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Time Trial – Any Advice
  • simondbarnes

samuri – Member

what was simon’s average? I must have missed that.

Did my first ever TT on Wednesday night. Was only 8.75 miles though. Did a 24:09 which is much faster than I thought I would. Just need a carbon TT bike now 🙂

Good luck for your’s Jon. Just start out absolutely flat out and try and hold on. I took a water bottle but if you’re trying hard enough then you won’t be able to drink anything from it. Had a spare tube/pump etc with me, no way I’m walking back if I have a flat 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

did an 8.5 about 3 weeks ago ….threw up mid race at the top of the hill…. dont do that and youll be onto a winner … bet you do a sub 25 for the 10 samuri…

samuri
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice, it’s really appreciated. Sara mentioned she’d been talking to you Simon. It was her who got me onto this one. But I’ve had a really bad chest the last couple of weeks and not ridden much. It’s not my fault if I do badly. 😉

Sandwich

Water bottles have an aerodynamic advantage I read somewhere recently (Cycling Weekly possibly). Not likely to make a big difference but it may help. I suspect empty is best!

Joxster
    Free Member

A water bottle breaks up the dirty air flow created by your legs and pedals.

tomlevell

Ah the true timetrialer comes out.
    Get your excuses in early :0)

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Time Trial – Any Advice’ is closed to new replies.