Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Thumbs up to Halfords
  • carlos
    Free Member

Halfords seem to get quite a big of slating for various stuff, mainly directed at the staff and knowledge they possess.

We’ll just been into the Macc branch, with a Smart R2 light I bought back in August that the mode and on/off button had stopped working on, young chap took it off me, tried to cycle the modes to no avail, then just went and got a new one off the shelf. Result

(first time in ages and since they’ve had the re-model and it looks proper smart, much better laid out)

So they’re not all bad and the store looked quite well kitted out with gear and spares

Just thought I’d share

downhilldave

Result carlos, just what you need. It’s good to give credit when deserved.I had a good result today as well 😀

MoreCashThanDash

I (stupidly!) bought one of those Topeak rear mudguards that ratchet to the seatpost with a webbing strap. Of course I overtightened it and pull the stitching and webbing apart.

Took it back, lad went and got me a replacement straight away, did all the returns shenanigans and then handed it over with a helpful “Try not to overtighten it this time….”

They have raised their game. Sometimes they will get it wrong, quite often they’ll get it right. But lets not let the facts get in the way of a good internet rantette.

Northwind

My Halfords- Hermiston Gait in Edinburgh- have been consistently good for as long as I’ve been riding bikes. Think it’s much like LBSs, there are good ones and bad ones and while the good ones can stay good the bad ones almost never stop being bad.

Slogo
    Free Member

Seems shit hot on returns and refunds, still doesn’t know anything about bike.

chilled76
    Free Member

Yeh their warranties are pretty much second to none. Swap a faulty item no problem at all.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

They have raised their game.

They have, for sure.
    But they need to raise their wages. I was offered minimum wage +51p for being Cytech qualified, which I turned down for £4000 + up to £3000 bonus more at an LBS.
    They won’t get or keep the decent staff at that wage

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Thumbs up to Halfords’ is closed to new replies.