Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Three wheels on my wagon…
  • LadyGresley
    Free Member

So, I’m really fancying one of these for a big birthday next year –

from here.

I like unusual bikes, but is this a step too far? I don’t suppose anyone has ever ridden one like this, with two wheels at the front?

ontor
    Free Member

Yes. They’re pretty fun, you can slide them and stuff which is fun but rolling them hurts a lot

bencooper
    Free Member

They’re fun, but recumbent trikes are a lot more stable and don’t throw you off if the camber is off.

And you can get full suspension ones 😉

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Yes, I’ve looked at them, and ridden them in the past, but getting up off a recumbent is getting more difficult, and you can’t see over hedges! And you can’t get a Pashley PDQ3 anywhere for love nor money!

bencooper
    Free Member

They can have stand-up aids – or there’s the Kettwiesel Evo where you can sit down easily then swing a leg over.

My oldest customer was 98, and I’ve had lots of people with various mobility problems.

The Pashley was rubbish 😀

newrobdob
    Free Member

I love bikes like that. Go for it!

orangeboy
    Free Member

A customer has a mtb Roman road. Took a while
    For them to do the conversion and rides fine on the road but off road any camber is a challenge for him

Quality of there work seemed good and neat though

LadyGresley
    Free Member

bencooper – Member

The Pashley was rubbish

The one I’ve now got isn’t rubbish 😀

But I still have a hankering for that big trike up there…

bencooper
    Free Member

Okay, the PDQ one was 😉

LadyGresley
    Free Member

And the PDQ3 I’ve got now isn’t rubbish either 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

If you can pull a wheelie on one then, yes.

Dickyboy

Hmm, are the two wheels up front more or less likely to topple over than a normal trike?

kayak23

Go big or go home…

amedias
    Free Member

Aaahhhhh I do love a Newton, go for it!

twicewithchips
    Free Member

Lady G – I reckon that’s cool as.

What’s the preference for two wheels at the front rather than the back – the website explained some of the differences, but I wasn’t sure why they are important.

tjagain

greater stability I think

eviljoe
    Free Member

Got a pusher trike in the shed (at left of picture) Not got drops unfortunately, built for comfort not speed! It is a dog (or should that be donkey.. ) to corner, turning circle of a truck…..

bencooper
    Free Member

And the PDQ3 I’ve got now isn’t rubbish either

Hmm – I’m glad you’re having fun with it, but compared to a modern recumbent trike it’s nowhere near as good. It’s the Raleigh Activator of recumbent trikes 😉

bencooper
    Free Member

And this reminds me I built this thing a while ago:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ndCuhc]Tandem tricycle[/url] by Ben Cooper, on Flickr

Lots of fun, but sadly the owner’s other half doesn’t like riding on the back of tandems, so it’s now with Rochdale Cycling Club…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Three wheels on my wagon…’ is closed to new replies.