Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • three mobile network?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

anyone on three? never used them, don’t know anyone who does, but they have some good deals so wondering about them? network coverage checker seems on for my area, but whats that worth in real life!

binners

I’ve been on Three for a few years. The only time I’ve ever had a problem with coverage was, somewhat bizarrely, when I worked in Piccadilly. Slap bang in the middle of the city!!! It was very odd.

The rest of the time its fine.

marcus7
    Free Member

Mines been OK but i changed to a smartphone at the same time so my usage differs now as its used less as a phone, 3g aint that good here in leafy cheshire but i normally get some kind of signal so can still get online etc.

warton
    Free Member

i’ve been with three for years, very good IMO. had an issue where, for two weeks I couldn’t get any phone signal at home. they found the problem,. fixed it and refunded a months charges, all done with no fuss and very quickly.

just about to go to a sim only deal with them, as my iPhone 4 is at the end of its contract and it’s a perfectly good phone still. 1 month rolling deal, unlimited data, 12 quid a month, bargain

Hohum
    Free Member

I have been with them for 5 years and their phone coverage is pretty good.

The only times I have lost coverage has been driving through the Southern Uplands and joing the M90 coming out of Rosyth (I hands free on each of the occasions).

Their 3G coverage seems pretty good as well, but as I have not been with another network I can’t really make a comparison.

tomaso
    Free Member

I find when you go to nice places – Lakes / Scotland etc the coverage is poor.

miketually
    Free Member

I’ve been with them for just over three years and about to renew again.

KonaTC

+ve Been with 3 for 15 months and apart from deepest darkest ‘where ever’ no problems and with 200 minutes, 3000 texts and 1GB data for a £10 a month very happy.

-ve call centre support is poor but then again you get what you pay for in this world 😯

joolsburger
    Free Member

Went with them 4 months ago because of the unlimited data deal. From Surrey into the city I get a H+ signal almost all the way and as a phone it’s worked pretty much everywhere. No complaints. 20 quid for an S2 with more minutes and data than I use.

deviant
    Free Member

Another convert to 3 here, swapped from O2 who seemed to think it was a privilege to use their network and charged accordingly.
    3 got me with the unlimited data deal which is a must if you make full use if your smartphone, deals offering 1Gb of data are a joke….I love the network, decent call coverage and exceptional 3G coverage.

mu3266
    Free Member

Another convert to Three here. I sometimes (often) find myself away from home so having an internet connection keeps my sanity. I hook it up to my laptop and surf happily. I shamefully use upwards of 20gb (red blooded male) some months so the unlimited internet was a must for me and as Three and T-Mobile are the only offerings of it, I left o2. Very impressed with the coverage to date, only a few black spots encountered.

VanHalen

been with them for a year or so.

been good apart from 1 month where they worked on the mast serving my area and reception was rubbish. got that month refunded quickly but you have to be firm.

i had better reception in lakes/wales/fortwilliam then vodaphone and o2 (mates phones)

I`ve been quite suprised.

timidwheeler

Swapped over from Vodafone a few months ago. I have found 3 much better. In Capel Curig I had good enough coverage to provide a good hotspot for the laptop.

jarvo
    Free Member

Three have a really poor customer service function. However if it’s all working then there is no need to call them.

Coverage is fairly good these days. Data connection is exceptional. Three have really invested in their network.

All the telco’s can advertise having an awesome signal from your phone to the tranmitter. However most transmitters are chained together and only one out of the group will have connection to the internet (backhaul). Most of the older telco’s were running this on smaller old phone networks, and not really invested in the back end. Three consistently seem to win the speed and performance tests.

Granted the 4G networks are just about to be launched which will slowly spread across the uk.

Me …when my T-Mobile contract is up, I’ll most probably jump ship to Three.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve been with three for 5 years and I’ve had issues with them from day one, mind they have calmed down now to slight coverage issues only.

At first their customer service (phah) was shocking, now it’s excellent.
    Their billing was appalling, now it’s excellent.
    Their coverage was pants, now it’s a pair of bloomers flowing in the breeze, except in the South Downs where it’s none existent. 3G is sporadic all along the south coast, signals fine on H+ so calls and slow Internet’s fine, then you go through 3G hotspots so you get sporadic G coverage as you whiz by.
    I’ve had the same issues as binners in London, again it’s a bit odd being in the Capital and not getting 3G.
    Maps are a bit random coverage too in London, I stood under T57 in Broadgate looking for T57 and it said I should be ¼ mile down the road near London Wall.

So, coverage, depends where you are.
    GPS, depends where you are..

I’m sticking with them though, think they’re the best of a rough lot.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

cheers all.

allthegear
    Free Member

bikebouy – you’ve been with a company for five years and had problems from day one, yet you’re still with them?? 🙄 😯

Rachel

v8ninety

Maps are a bit random coverage too in London, I stood under T57 in Broadgate looking for T57 and it said I should be ¼ mile down the road near London Wall.

[quote]GPS, depends where you are..[/quote]
    Are you sure GPS id a function of the network? I was not under that impresiion, alhthough happy to be corrected…
    Ive been on Three for 4-5 years (about to upgrade to new handset for third time) I think that they are brill. Best attitude towards data, eg, no daft ‘extra’ charge to tether devices and use my data, can turn my iphone into a wireless hotspot if I like, which I understand is disabled on most UK networks without additional charge. Also a truly unlimited data allowance, so no worries about useage. For about 6 months the stereo in my work car was broken, so I would stream internet radio through an external speaker whilst tootling around Birmingham and very rarely did it even need to ‘buffer’. Impressed.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

I’ve been with Three since June and i’m really impressed, up to now not had any issues with them or their network. I think Customer Services is outside of the UK, but when it’s working fine you dont need to call them, and they do have a UK twitter helpdesk for minor issues. If you’re moving from another network or a new customer dont forget Quidco, rate of cashback is currently upto £101. I got £98 off them with my new contract and it was paid to me within 6 weeks 😀

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘three mobile network?’ is closed to new replies.