Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Those cheap Iron Horse bikes on CRC >>>>>>>>>
  • philsimm
    Free Member

Big savings on these – are they worth taking a chance on? Anybody got one? Was looking at the Mk III…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

they went bust a while back, I guess CRC have them as they're now 2 model years out of date and the weak £ means they can actually be sold for a price the average buyer can stomach.

Cant see why not though, they'll have a years warranty on the frame by law so you should be good.

st

CRC state they are to be supplied with a one year warranty by them anyway.

Kuco

imo worth the risk I haven't any breaking.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I'd steer clear, weren't there issues with cracking? (hearsay)

rs
    Free Member

there was issues with dents being filled was there not, still, I just watched first with sam hill on his and man was he impressive, maybe something to do with the rider though.

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

A fellow guide used to ride a 2005 MkIII. It cracked in the rear triangle I think.
    Iron Horse replaced it with the 2006 frame which he guided on again the following year. It too cracked.
    He then somehow ended up with the shorter travel frame (Azure, or something like that). That again, cracked.
    Iron Horse again replaced the frame but he decided to sell it on.

He now rides a Turner 5 Spot.

djglover
    Free Member

Cheese

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

thinking about it, you could get something similar or possibly even better value form pauls? I wouldn't buy an iron horse just because it was cheep, and they always had a reputation for being too steep, although some companies are making reducer headsets with a slacker angle for the sunday to get something close Sam hills geometry.

philsimm
    Free Member

The Sunday team already has a 65 deg head angle though does it not? Take the point about Pauls tho

TheGreatStonk
    Free Member

one iron horse mkiii owner here…

…with a freshly cracked rear triangle…

bought it 3 years ago, 5 year warranty, new rear end is winging its way to me…

rides like a bat out of hell, but i dont know if i should cut my losses and trade the frame in once the new rear is bolted on, since i doubt ill be able to get another rear end when it cracks again.

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Test rode the Azure + its one of the worst FS bikes i've ridden in years.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Those cheap Iron Horse bikes on CRC >>>>>>>>>’ is closed to new replies.