Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Those cheap ebay Ti seatposts
  • bri-72

This may have been done before, but thought I’d post anyway for anyone else looking to buy.

Ordered one of these – J&L UltraLight Titanium Seatpost
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/J-L-UltraLight-Titanium-Seatpost-27-2-174g-Road-MTB-/270713863677?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f07cdbdfd

£43 posted from far east and arrived in about 10-14 days. No duty to be paid as was marked as low value on the declaration form.

Lighter than the stated weight on the site, my 27.2/400mm is 198g.

Feels a bit of a tighter fit in my frame than previous thomson, may need to lube it (which I usually avoid doing to posts if I can). Might not need to, we’ll see.

Only received today, so still to test out – will post when I’ve done a ride. Only concern is how it copes with my lardy 14st weight on it!
    Fingers crossed.

jonb
    Free Member

Let us know how you get on. Shame they don’t do a layback one in 31.6

bri-72

My ass may turn mine into layback bent!

onandon
    Free Member

I have one on my single speed. The size is a perfect fit.
    It’s very comfy as it’s bendy as hell. Try pushing down hard with your hand’s on the front or rear of the saddle 🙂

two thumbs up from me

banginon

that looks just like my 12 year old USE ti post, which is still good after much abuse

epicyclo

Thanks for that link bri-72.

Didn’t buy the seatpost, but got a Ti front fork instead 🙂

mazdarati

Hmmmm, strange urge to buy one of them, even though I snapped a carbon FSA post last year with MY 14st ass annd nearly desecrated my wedding giblets

StudentBob
    Free Member

got a Ti front fork instead

Uh. Enjoy…

http://www.pardo.net/bike/pic/fail-001/FAIL-121.html

TheSwede
    Free Member

I have one in my lynskey. I’m 15 stone and throw my bikes about a bit. It’s as strong as. I had to bully the guy to send me a second one out though as the first one never materialised.

epicyclo

Student Bob – Member
    ‘got a Ti front fork instead”
    Uh. Enjoy…

It’ll be getting a few mods before going into use anyway…

ocrider

‘got a Ti front fork instead”
    Uh. Enjoy…

Why? These ones arent made in the same factory, are they?

lipseal
    Free Member

I had to bully the guy to send me a second one out though as the first one never materialised.

Go on how much ? 😉

TheSwede
    Free Member

I threatened him with a very negative feed back 👿

Woody
    Free Member

that looks just like my 12 year old USE ti post, which is still good after much abuse

After reading that and TheSwedes recommendation, I’ve just bought one as I’ve always regretted selling my USE ti. Hopefully it will be just as good 🙂

Was sorely tempted by the carbon bar/stem combo too but common sense prevailed!

RestlessNative
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered one too, hope it’s good

bri-72

Still to actually get out on the bike due to new 29er being 1st choice bike the now. This weekend will test it.

One thing is find the post very tight fit in my ti456 (shimmed). Takes a lot of force and saddle twisting to move post up or down. That’s after lubing it. Size markings are just an internal sticker on the post so hope it’s right size.

Anyone else found them tight?

charliedontsurf

That link to the cracked forks is scary.
    Seatposts are fairly critical components so I would not risk using cheap imports where you probably have no warranty or legal comeback if the snapped post gouges your testicles out. You could die. Bleeding to death in the woods with a ti post stuck in you.

Because i am attached to my balls and intend to keep them physically attached to me I am using a van Nicholas ti post and it seems reliable and rather nice They cost around £125 ish. The flex is great. For me the flex qualities are the reason I use ti, rather than the weight saving.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Those cheap ebay Ti seatposts’ is closed to new replies.