Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)
  • Those 5 Officers badly bitten in ELondon
  • warton
    Free Member

Ban all large and/or potentially dangerous breeds except working dogs

so you’d ban Irish Wolfhounds, Great danes, St. Bernards?

you haven’t thought this through have you

yunki
    Free Member

ban eggs.. vicious little blighters.. and lawn mowers

wrecker
    Free Member

And cars. And bikes. People get hurt in/on/by those

project
    Free Member

What a huge waste of resourcces, all those officers injured as well as the ones now trying to wriggle out as to why proper inteligence wasnt obtained about the householder, and sadly the dog was killed.

I hope the officers who where injured make a good recovery and those that watched , please think about your fututre employnment prospects, as some day it wont be a single dog but an armed mob,or rioters you may have to protect your selves and the public from.

richc
    Free Member

Basically everything should be banned expect bubble wrap, and tofu.

failedengineer

No, I have thought it through. Huge s**t laying machines, all of ’em.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

We should bubble-wrap the bubble-wrap!

Just in case you know..

Mr engineer chap, I think you’ll find this isn’t the Daily Wail forum..

jools182
    Free Member

phil.w – Member

I think you’ll find that that is why when they carry out a raid they go in suited and booted with helmets, body armour, stab proof and flame proof kit and what have you.

Always ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm4WdV8_TWY

Mr Clarke, 72, said neighbours were aware of a ‘dangerous dog’ living at the property.
    ‘I informed the council about it, which is why the fencing was put up,’ he said.
    ‘It has already attacked another dog. The owner never had it on a muzzle or a lead, but he did after the previous attack. He didn’t take it out a lot.

So it really does sound like they didn’t do their homework.

Nice to see his colleagues helping out 🙄

wisepranker
    Free Member

I’m surprised that they didn’t know about the dogs TBH.

I’ve worked on quite a few armed raids with the Police as medical cover incase it all goes bent and in every briefing it’s mentioned about any dogs at the address so I’d expect the same for any raid.

Sadly the last one I was at, they failed to mention that the suspects neighbour had a particularly vicious looking dog which came out into the back garden for a look about at the wrong time. The firearms officers shot the dog without giving it a second thought!
    Poor dog 🙂

richc
    Free Member

The colleagues abandoning the bloke did seem a bit off, the article mentioned 5 injured, I wonder how they got bitten considering they were stood on walls and hiding.

failedengineer

Surely, if it was the Daily Hate (Mail), I’d be sticking up for dogs? I’d have two Labradors.

richc
    Free Member

Do you actually work them? As you were proposing to ban big dogs which aren’t ‘working dogs’ and Labs can get to 40kg (and not fat labs) so are definitely classed as big dogs.

How would you have them destroyed if your ban came in? lethal injection, thrown onto the motorway? catapult?

hora
    Free Member

The clip’s only one minute long so I imagine theres before or after that wasn’t filmed……

failedengineer

I didn’t mean that I’ve got two Labradors, I meant that i would have if I was a Daily Hate reader ….

Anyway this has gone far enough. I don’t like dogs. There, I’ve said it.

I wouldn’t destroy existing dogs, I’d just ban the breeding of them.

hora
    Free Member

The officer on the wall is the one thats possibly going to lose 1-2 fingers.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Looks like you’re in a minority then Sir..

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Wow everyone criticzing and slating people again having no clue! yes there is the potential for a whole host of things to have been wrong with that raid, (ie information not researched etc etc) yet in the same breath they may well not have had any information, we don’t know what information they were acting on? why were they at the addresS? who sent them? What time did they get the request to attend? The amount of times I’ve had done warrants where intell is no dog and we’ve arrived to be confronted by 3 large evil looking things is beyond me. As for havign a dog handler, they are like rocking horse S*** on earlies as there aren’t many in each force. As for the firearms team and coming out to deal, completely justifid by the sounds of the little I know.

Don’t know great details about full reasons they were there but, has the address been done before? Ie do they even know a dog was going to be in there? If not, HTF were they expected to know that was going to be the outcome?

It makes the hairs stand up on my neck when I see stuff like that, hideous I hope they all make a good recovery. Stop preaching about what you would’ve done easier said than done, plus hindsight is wonderful.

BermBandit
    Free Member

Just watched that vid and will admit to a bit of incredulity, but overall + 1 for what M-C just said.

wrecker
    Free Member

It’s been established that there had been complaints about the dog before.
    How do you excuse the officers running away and standing on walls whilst their oppo is being mauled?
    Actually don’t worry; there is no excuse for cowardice.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Yup wrecked you just sit on your high horse there and throw flippant remarks out. You have no idea what the score was. Others have already been bitten, no doubt trying to get the dog off, could they use their arm to get access to asp to hit dog? if it’s anything like me I am absoutely terrified of dogs, yes I’d like to think if I was in that situation I would run to a colleagues aid, squealing like a banish, asp in one hand, Captor in the other to assist, reality is a whole different ball game!

hora
    Free Member

Munqe-chick I was asking questions and stating things I’d read- not being critical…

Also this might help/some potentially black humour on her comment:

Jenny Jones, the Green party candidate’s response to this incident:

“Calling in CO19 just seems such an expensive way to deal with a mad dog. Could they not have used a Taser?

Jenny Jones, the Green Party candidate for London mayor, speaking about TASER on 14th March 2012.

“It risks turning the police into a paramilitary force. We are lucky to have policing by consent in this country, and this is a step on the wrong direction.”

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Hora I wasn’t necessarily having a go at you as I haven’t fully read the thread, there just seem to be a lot of people stating (to me) stupid questions as they seem to think the police have this insane amount of knowledge about everyone and if not can get it at the click of their fingers .. oh like acess to a dog handler or dog shields!!!

As for TASERing a dog! WTF I dread to think.

Kato

yes I’d like to think if I was in that situation I would run to a colleagues aid, squealing like a banish, asp in one hand, Captor in the other to assist, reality is a whole different ball game!

This is the Met though and we have CS instead of Captor and it has zero effect on dogs

Kato

Plus our new baton’s are Monadnock’s as Asp’s are too expensive. Now, I once hit a single pane window with my Monadnock and the baton collapsed before the glass broke. These are the tools I have to deal with an aggressive dog.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Kato that’s exactly what I was thinking unsure what you used, we don’t have asp’s either, autolocks but I was just making a point. I just wanted to point out to all those arm chair warriors how hideous that would’ve been and despite wanting to assist my colleagues there is probably no doubt in my mind taht I would’ve been too terrified and I would’ve been on the car roof/wall, radionig control room, request firearms etc, then assisting in first aid when I could. sorry to be a coward.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

It’s been established that there had been complaints about the dog before.
    How do you excuse the officers running away and standing on walls whilst their oppo is being mauled?
    Actually don’t worry; there is no excuse for cowardice.

As Ive already asked you but Ill ask again as it seems you missed it…

Ever gone one on one with an angry dog? Do you have any idea what youre talking about??

Edit: You know what dont bother answering, youre plainly a keyboard warrior. Throwing comments around about cowardice..pathetic.

yunki
    Free Member

Kato

Absolutely MC. People watch too much Cops on Camera and assume we go to arrest everyone that’s wanted in full riot gear

Macgyver

mmmm so Greeny candidate for mayor questions CO19 rocking up with guns and suggests that a tazer might have done the trick. I thought only firearms officers carried tazers anyways!

hora
    Free Member

Time for dog licences and vigorous enforcement. Sorry.

wrecker
    Free Member

Ever gone one on one with an angry dog? Do you have any idea what youre talking about??

Yes. I own a large rescue dog and had a few “moments” in the early days (probably far more than you have.

Edit: You know what dont bother answering, youre plainly a keyboard warrior. Throwing comments around about cowardice..pathetic.

Blah blah blah. Do one. I would well imagine I’ve been and seen and done more than you have matey. If one of us is a keyboard warrior; it’s you.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Blah blah blah. Do one. I would well imagine I’ve been and seen and done more than you have matey. If one of us is a keyboard warrior; it’s you.

Righto skip, whatever you say.. 🙄

Dont forget this on the way out..

Ps Recuse dog? Laughable son – try RAF Police & RMP dogs..

hora
    Free Member

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

As Kato says… let’s remember the police are invincible and f*** wits whenever a mistake is made!

Wrecker what is the need for that? It’s easy for you to sit there and sat that about a dog, you are clearly very confident in dealing with dogs, I’m not. I would love to say I’d assist my colleagues but as already mentioned I know deep down I probably won’t be able to as I am terrified of dogs and I would probably run away and vomit somewhere! Well actually I’d hope I’d stay at safe distance updating the control room on what assistance we required as that is next in line for importance as getting the dog off, that officer would not have been able to contact control for assistance.

MacGyver: AS for tasers, each force is still different I believe, I think West Mid (there are some forces not sure which) have certain shift officers which carry TASER, TVP certainly don’t, fire arms officers. In TVP we have only recently have ARV routinely armed with TASERS, they used to be locked in teh cars and required authorisation too. They now carry them all the time and can self-arm in certain situations if required.

wrecker
    Free Member

Ps Recuse dog? Laughable son – try RAF Police & RMP dogs..

LOL @ RAF dogs. If their blokes are anything to go by they’ll be sat in the NAAFI eating. typical big timing crap-hat REMF.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Youre boring now wrecker..

Go away..

Ps not a hat, bootie..

toys19
    Free Member

I’m not going to try and blame or criticise, as they obvioulsy had to handle it in their own way, but when I was attacked by a staffy, when I was 16, I kicked the shit out of it. Aim for nuts and guts. It was a case of me or him (I’m about the same size as two staffies, stacked on top of each other), he went off whipmering. I can only imagine that those coppers were inhibited by their role in the situation as it appears the guy in the jaws wasn’t really trying..

ransos
    Free Member

Yup wrecked you just sit on your high horse there and throw flippant remarks out.

If he was a policeman, he’d be sat on a high fence…

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Toys I imagine he froze with fear! I think I would!!! I bet if a dog latched onto my eyes I would close my eyes, pray (I’m not religious!) and wish the thing would get off … not very useful I know.

wrecker
    Free Member

Ps not a hat, bootie..

Bickering aside, if this is the case you must see that the actions (or lack of) his colleagues is just unacceptable. They’re on a raid FFS, they should be full of go-forward and adrenalin. The violence which we used to go into buildings with, that dogs mouth would have been black nastied up straight away. If it was getting gobby with one of the blokes, it would have been battered.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Those 5 Officers badly bitten in ELondon’ is closed to new replies.