Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • This Is the Scariest First-Person Video of the Japan Tsunami Yet
  • alexxx
    Free Member

http://uk.gizmodo.com/5781566/this-is-the-scariest-first+person-video-of-the-japan-tsunami-yet?skyline=true&s=i

This first-person view is the most terrifying and astonishing video I’ve seen of the Japan tsunami. Initially everything seems ok, just a mild wave coming towards the camera. But keep watching—the sea goes Godzilla on the city.

noteeth
    Free Member

That car at the start… 😐

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Someone posted it yesterday… I’m certain the car doing the u-turn at the start should’ve abandoned their car.

alexxx
    Free Member

Sorry if its a repost just seen it, horrid isn’t it!

racefaceec90

😯 absolutely terrifying! i really hope that the people can recover from this (and no more lives lost)i just don’t realize how lucky i really am 🙁

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Sorry, not knocking it getting re-posted it. Worth it for everyone to see and get an idea of just how crazy it must’ve been!

yunki
    Free Member

the videographer was extremely fortunate to survive to tell the tale as far as I can see..

literally awesome..

Harry_the_Spider

Bloody hell!

The thing that alarmed me was the number of people that you didn’t see. There were a few behind the camera man and a half a dozen at the end. What about all the poor sods that were in the town?

I’ve spent the day working on a proposal for a customer 6 km from the coast and 15 km south of the power station. A sobering thought… but is the factory still standing and the workforce alive?

mrchrispy

jebus….its just keeps getting deeper and faster.
    the scariest part is when you notice the buildings getting ripped to bits, you kinda think you’ll be okay in a building….poor souls.

yen
    Free Member

that is crazy… well worth watching

stratobiker
    Free Member

Holy Shit!!!! 😯

emsz
    Free Member

So frightening, V Brave to carry on filming as if he/she felt it needed to be recorded. Sort of get used to seeing the cars being swept away, but when the house starts collapsing!!

Those Poor people

carlosg
    Free Member

Too scary! , I just can’t imagine how the people over there are feeling at the moment 😥

Neil-F
    Free Member

Reminds me of the 9/11 attacks. You can watch it over and over again, and its still unbelievable!

CountZero

For whatever reason this video won’t play on my phone, but on the offchance it’s the one shot from the ramp looking up the street as the tsunami starts to enter the town, here’s a google streetview link of the same place:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=kesennuma&aq=&sll=38.277809,141.015701&sspn=0.102146,0.191574&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Kesennuma,+Miyagi+Prefecture,+Japan&ll=38.899016,141.578236&spn=0.005928,0.025685&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=38.899021,141.578228&panoid=ZU–NQExOOwqoysPg7ax4Q&cbp=11,25.32,,0,7.56

I’ve seen the video elsewhere, and it’s shocking, horrifying yet compelling at the same time.

DT78
    Free Member

puts life in perspective

epicyclo

I had a look around on the Streetview before looking at the video. Helps to orientate everything that happens.

He picked a good spot to do it from – plenty height for an escape.

Makes you wonder how many people were filming it from ground level and didn’t get away.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘This Is the Scariest First-Person Video of the Japan Tsunami Yet’ is closed to new replies.