Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Things to do in Pembrokeshire?
  • vdubber67
    Free Member

Off on holiday there next week. (Near Haverfordwest)

What’s worth doing / seeing etc?

Going to do a little road riding and one day in the Preselis riding too, but other than that, what can me, the wife, the mother in law and the 4 dogs do? 🙂

Ta

mafu26
    Free Member

hey vdub.. grew up there til he age of 17, had a well good time. if your in hwest then its a pretty good base for north and south pembs. in my opinion the north is more for hill walking and biking (thats where the howies lot go) and the south has more of the touristy towns etc.

as for stuff to do:

tenby is nice town to spend the day, nice beach to sunbath and swim, good places to eat, fishing trips etc.

bit further up the coast in newgale. really good surfing beach, board hire etc.

somewhere a bit lower key but along the same lines as tenby is st davids, cafe’s, cathedral, theres a beach called whitesands on its door step too which hire out surf boards and the beach itself is lovely.

little bit further around the coast is a place called ‘blue lagoon’ it’ll be called abereiddy on the map. basically it was an old slate mine and they blew it up which left a 100ft+ deep lagoon and you can jump off 40ft+ cliff jumps into the lagoon from the slate stacks on the opposite side. WELL GOOD FUN.

pretty much the next beach up the coast is porthgain which has an awesome pub called the sloop. does brilliant food, worth going to after the blue lagoon.

er.. can’t think of anything else.. but yeah, outdoors stuff head to the preseli’s. give me an email on mafu26 at hotmail dot com if you want any more info

enjoy!

trailmonkey

I think there’s an oil refinery museum if its raining.

midlifecrashes

Don’t know if they’re still the best but we did Coasteering with the St Davids based folk TYF years ago when the idea was new, brilliant fun. Solva is a fantasic natural harbour for walks and the pub and cafe at the quayside are good.

The Welsh council’s websites are really good for checking in advance which beaches allow dogs, the restrictions kicked in on 1st May so worth checking.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fresh West/East and Barafundel are lovely beaches!

vdubber67
    Free Member

Thanks folks!

Pigface
    Free Member

Barafundel is about a 15 minute walk from the car park but so so worth it. The costal path is a fab walk which ever bit you choose.

Solva is great, worth pottering about in.

alexonabike

Climbing!!

some of the best sea cliffs in the UK.

binners

You have to go Coasteering at St Davids. Its mental!!!

binners
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Things to do in Pembrokeshire?’ is closed to new replies.