• This topic has 34 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by IanW.
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • They try *so* hard…
  • Coyote
    Free Member
    ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Luckily you’re not interested in what they get up to though.

Coyote
    Free Member

???

geoffj

Byron burgers are very nice though

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Somewhere somebody worked out that people are more inclined to believe politicians of you can feel they are real people. Politicians are now trying to be more like real people who eat etc. Twitter means they can be. Now people decide that everything they do is a cynical attempt to engage.

The real sad thing is that real voters answered the questions that lead to people taking photos of themselves having lunch. The cult of celebrity and personality over substance has taken hold. The politicians are not the bad guys in this one, it’s the dumb idiots that don’t listen to the policy and decide based on opinion but what they are spoon fed by lazy tabloids/gossip columns.

bigyinn
    Free Member

FFS he earns enough, why shouldn’t he eat a nice burger whilst working?

Or does everyone else think he should struggle by on gruel because we’ve in a recession? He can eat caviar for all I care. (I don’t btw)

Total non-story.

DezB
    Free Member

why shouldn’t he eat a nice burger whilst working?

Is that the point though..?

mrhoppy

But if he’d spent £7 on the tasteless shit put out by the big 2 it’d be ok, a rennet for a decent burger in that London struck me as pretty reasonable tbh.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Total non-story.

+1

I don’t know what’s worse, knowing we pay for these governments, (this one and the previous ones) or paying for the BBC to follow them, take photos of what they are eating and spend time writing about it.

samuri
    Free Member

I’ve just got back from a three day trip down the smoke. I got pulled up on my expenses when I got back.
    “It says here you spent £6.27 in Kensington tesco’s but I can’t find the evening meal claim.”
    “That is the evening meal claim. Big pasta bowl, crisps, drink of orange, chocolate bar.”

I could see the accounts lady stroking her chin and wondering why we have a 30 quid a night meal allowance for London.

DezB
    Free Member

Jeez, must be me who missed Coyote’s point then

zbonty

Total non story +lots. Front page news on the red tops FFS!

I’ve not read this in any depth, but whats the gist-thats too much for a burger, whys he eating burgers? I don’t get it.
    Slow news week or distraction tactics..?

binners

To be fair to Osbourne, he doesn’t generally do the cringeworthy Man of the People routine that Call me Dave attempts. Hey I really like the Smiths! And I once eat a pasty. Have you seen my Converse trainers! I’ve been to Cornwall for my holidays.

Anyway. At least the burger wasn’t made from minced babies!

It wasn’t, was it?

DezB
    Free Member

Phew.

br
    Free Member

Funny how fat folk eat salads when out, and us thin ones can eat burgers (or whatever we want).

George should’ve just told the Reporter to ‘bo11ocks’.

wwaswas

Call me Dave went up in my estimation when he couldn’t stop giggling after Ed Balls called Osborne ‘Bungle’ during the debate a couple of days ago.

Although not very far up and from a low start point, it has to be said.

samuri
    Free Member

To be fair, he’ll probably claim it back on expenses.

I’m a little concerned with this tweeting stuff myself. I can understand someone would be following Jennifer Anniston or David Beckham but why on earth anyone would be remotely interested in watching a fat politician eat a salad is utterly beyond me. It’s PR and surely…SURELY the only people who watch politicians tweets are other politicians and the media. Anyone else who is even vaguely interested in the minute detail of these people’s lives needs medical help.

kimbers

more bothered about policy being justified on by BS

every time a politician lies they should have a finger or toe removed

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

every time a politician lies they should have a finger or toe removed be sacked

pingu66
    Free Member

Just not even news worthy.

hatter

The irony is that probably the cheapest mail out that little Gideon’s had in years.

£10 for a decent quality burger is pretty much the norm in most decent pubs round here, non-story, move along.

29erKeith
    Free Member

A salad! come on Eric your fooling nobody

[edit] yes I am a fatist[/edit]

Hobster
    Free Member

Pickles ate the owner of the salad

29erKeith
    Free Member

😆

bencooper
    Free Member

Meanwhile no-one really cares that Ed Balls was caught jumping a red light. This in addition to being caught speeding, and driving while on the phone.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Now if he really wanted to grab the attention of the people, he should have given the reporter/photographer some Saatchi/Lawson neck-grab treatment.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Meanwhile no-one really cares that Ed Balls was caught jumping a red light.

Yes they do, it’s been covered by all the news providers. It’s just that no one wants to start a thread so everyone can agree that it’s a non-story.

molgrips
    Free Member

Now people decide that everything they do is a cynical attempt to engage.

That’s the big problem with public life. You simply can’t win whatever you do, so they have to spend 90% of their time farting about trying to get people on their side, which doesn’t leave much for actually working on running the country.

portlyone

The point of the story is to make me research what a Byron burger is and find they have one near me. Hmm might give it a… wait does Osbourne have shares in Byron?!?!? 😯

binners

Meanwhile no-one really cares that Ed Balls was caught jumping a red light. This in addition to being caught speeding, and driving while on the phone.

Ed Balls hit by absolutely gigantic metaphor

hammerite
    Free Member

I went to the one on Kensington High Street a while back. Was OK, much prefer GBK though.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

[double post]

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Mr Pickles posted the photo … on Twitter … Mr Osborne responded to the picture writing: “Nice one Eric.”

Nick Clegg, after he was asked when he had last bought a burger … added that the main reason for their choice of eaterie was his children’s desire for one of their milkshakes.

IS THIS NEWS?

ABSOLUTELY FRIKKIN NOT 😡

Blow by blow accounts of Twitter conversations and which milkshakes Nick Clegg’s children prefer are no interest or consequence whatsoever. Do some frikkin reporting you lazy hacks!

martinhutch

Silly season is upon us. In other news, a woman lay down in front of a bus in Torquay.

IanW
    Free Member

Curiously I managed to get in a little bother for spending £36.70 in byrons, that was a burger and salad though.

What’s this about balls, serial offender?

One look tells you he’s a wrong un.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘They try *so* hard…’ is closed to new replies.