Viewing 23 posts - 161 through 183 (of 183 total)
  • These E Cigarettes in the office??
  • Drac

That’s a governmental issue if they aren’t passing it on to the NHS.

Ah that makes it Ok then. 🙄

ninfan
    Free Member

Well I suppose if ciggies were banned, we could have a smaller NHS so some savings could be made there.

Or we would need a bigger one as people would live longer, with lots of pesky conditions like dementia that goes on for years instead of lung cancer that carries a depressingly short survival rate

seosamh77
    Free Member

allthepies – Member
    seosamh77 said »

Why is that funny? Smokers more than pay their way.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    Ah that makes it Ok then.

What do you want smokers to start paying for their healthcare? They clearly already do.

Drac

Or we would need a bigger one as people would live longer, with lots of pesky conditions like dementia that goes on for years instead of lung cancer that carries a depressingly short survival rate

Smoking is one of the high risk factors in the cause of Dementia.

binners

We only smoked in the first place to annoy you, you know? It was always easily worth the early death to see the reaction it generally provokes in tutty, sanctimonious, whiny, middle class cockbags.

But now e-cigs can provoke the same kind of huffy, petty, holier than thou bleating, without the lung cancer, its a win/win 😀

Drac

So smoking causes trolling. Explains a lot.

hammyuk
    Free Member

seosamh77 – Member
    I think we can agree that smokers largely cover the financial impact of their own health problems?

Except that if EVERY smoker stopped RIGHT NOW – it apparently will be 20+yrs before all of them will clear the health system with no income from smokers to cover it……

seosamh77
    Free Member

hammyuk – Member
    seosamh77 – Member
    I think we can agree that smokers largely cover the financial impact of their own health problems?
    Except that if EVERY smoker stopped RIGHT NOW – it apparently will be 20+yrs before all of them will clear the health system with no income from smokers to cover it……

What does that fantasy have to do with the price of cheese? 😆

seosamh77
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    So smoking causes trolling. Explains a lot.

I can sense your petted lip from here! 😆

drac at the moment: :mrgreen:

wrecker
    Free Member

So smoking causes trolling.

Indirectly! 😆

slowoldman

btw, I agree smoking is daft, there’s a reason I switched to vaping!

I think becoming addicted to nicotine is a bit daft.

I did spot a guy rolling up on the train this morning. That has to be the Japanese tea ceremony to Vaping’s instant coffee.

wrecker
    Free Member

That has to be the Japanese tea ceremony to Vaping’s instant coffee.

More like hara kiri?

nealglover
    Free Member

where do you get your nicotine extract and how reputable a source is it? (genuine question btw)

From a place in the UK (South wales)
    UK manufactured and tested, so I’m happy it contains what it’s supposed to contain, and in the correct amounts.

I mix it down to about 0.3% now so hardly any at all. Most shop bought mixes are labelled at around 1.2%-1.8%

I bet a lot of smokers wouldn’t buy none-branded fags,

A hell of a lot are perfectly happy to buy fags off a bloke in the pub at crazy cheap prices, so that’s exactly what they are buying.

I wonder if those buying vaping stuff are similarly careful about the sources.

Maybe not enough, but a lot of us are very careful yes.

BTW vaping may get people off cigarettes, bit specious to suggest they help people “quit smoking” tho, they are still addicted to nicotine and with the ability to inhale nicotine in places you didn’t used to, it is likely to push peoples intake higher than ever.

I asked my doctor if he thought I should quit using mine, and he said he didn’t see any urgent reason to.

Unless the nicotine was causing any issues, then (in isolation, and in controlled amounts) it’s fine.

In his words… “It’s the same advice I would give to someone asking about giving up coffee or tea”

D0NK

A hell of a lot are perfectly happy to buy fags off a bloke in the pub at crazy cheap prices

I know some are but, anecdotally, most of my smoking friends wouldn’t – a couple would but everyone else thinks they’re daft “that stuff’s dangerous” 🙂

“It’s the same advice I would give to someone asking about giving up coffee or tea”

interesting…

seosamh77
    Free Member

nealglover – Member
    In his words… “It’s the same advice I would give to someone asking about giving up coffee or tea”

would be interesting to hear the singletrack doctors chipping in on this argument. I’ve never asked a doctor myself, as I’ve not been near one in years. But anyone i know that has has similar experiences, doctors don’t seem to have a bad opinion of them.

jambalaya
    Free Member

What @seos says, my gf’s doctor is far happier with her vaping than smoking the real things

Drac

What @seos says, my gf’s doctor is far happier with her vaping than smoking the real things

D0NK

whilst we await the full details of effects of vaping several years down the line, it would be difficult for it to be more harmful than smoking so no great surprise there. Dr not being bothered about patient then giving up vaping was what interested me – but then again, as we’ve discussed, pretty much everything is harmful.

Side note, what does everyone use for pub based calculations now everyone is vaping?

wrecker
    Free Member

smartphone?

seosamh77
    Free Member

D0NK – Member
    whilst we await the full details of effects of vaping several years down the line, it would be difficult for it to be more harmful than smoking so no great surprise there. Dr not being bothered about patient then giving up vaping was what interested me – but then again, as we’ve discussed, pretty much everything is harmful.

Personally, if I was pregnant I’d chuck it. but what does surprise me is the lack of concern the doctors seem to have for a lassie I work beside vaping while pregnant.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@seosamh – I think cutting out smoking, drinking, soft cheese (French have never heard of that advice not surprisingly) when pregnant yes but e-cigs ? I think most doctors would be happy with the e-ciggs if the alternative was a threat of the real thing and the with e-ciggs you can cut down the nicotine dose.

nealglover
    Free Member

I think most doctors would be happy with the e-ciggs if the alternative was a threat of the real thing and the with e-ciggs you can cut down the nicotine dose.

You can cut down the nicotine dose in theory, but the stuff bought in most shops/petrol stations/markets etc is totally unregulated “made in China” stuff.

I wouldn’t trust the labels to be an accurate indication of the flavour never mind the actual nicotine level.

Viewing 23 posts - 161 through 183 (of 183 total)

The topic ‘These E Cigarettes in the office??’ is closed to new replies.