Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The Uninvented No.2: 1st floor Bird Table?
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

I live in an apartment, I’d like a bird table, perhaps one that could be held in place through a window?

I want a bird table, the taller the better, what’s the deal with attaching one to a street lamp? That could “go”??

tails
    Free Member
    scaredypants

– and what if a bird falls off it ?

murderer !

MrNutt
    Free Member

tried that with a feeder but it bangs against the wall or window (if very windy) I’d like something a bit bigger, so I could feed the jackdaws & crows too, maybe with a water bowl too?

what do you think the council would make of me attaching a giant dove cot style affair to the street lamp outside my residence?

MrNutt
    Free Member

good point scardypants, I shall impale various root vegetables on the iron railings below!

hilldodger
    Free Member

mebbe one of these
    wouldn’t do for jackdaws/crows though !!

MrNutt
    Free Member

nope, I’m keen on feeding (& watering) the JD’s and Crows :)

surely someone must work in local government??

crispybacon
    Free Member

how about one of these then?? you & Mrs Nutt can live in the West wing (gedit) & the birds can live in the rest…. I assume you are loaded & have the penthouse apartment @ ‘Nutt Towers’ in Swindon

MrNutt
    Free Member

what?!? live on the ground? with the commoners?? heaven forbid!!

the ground floor is for the staff!

Sillyoldhector
    Free Member

If you get 1 Mrnutt it would be ideal for keeping a cockerel on.

MrNutt
    Free Member

hmmm, thats a good point, you can get those hen houses that are designed to be up on poles aren’t there!!

edit: but I’m buggered if I can find any details on them!!

Andy

I have a perspex thing from the RSPB that attaches to the window with two suckers

MrNutt
    Free Member

but its not enough for crows!!

tails
    Free Member

i’ve been thinking about your problem, if you hang the bird table then took a rope from the bottom and fasten it to something you could get enough tension to stop it hitting the window, and then you can enjoy your crows with a nice cup of coffee.

on the subject of crows i’ll take your crow and raise you a

RAVEN

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I hate crows. And ravens.

Owls are alright though and there’s one living near my place. :-)

zokes
    Free Member

Surely it’s not a good idea to encourage birds to fly near windows. Just in case they fly into them and stuff, you know…

colnagokid

You dont need to worry about crows/rooks etc.- they can look after themselves! they attack the dogs in the park!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘The Uninvented No.2: 1st floor Bird Table?’ is closed to new replies.