Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 352 total)
  • THE Swinley (supersexualsuperfun) all-welcoming December FUN RIDE!
  • cinnamon_girl

phil – you better be careful mate. That TSY wants to be your favourite patient. 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

C_G I was just about to put a shout out for you and here you are look…

How are you today?

cinnamon_girl

Good afternoon! More importantly how are you?

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m duty bound to say i dont have a favourite patient.

off the record you always have the ones you like and dont like of course!

TSY if you want to get yourself sectioned we could always drop you off at an asda or tescos and see what happens?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

don’t take me to asda, don’t take me to asda, don’t take me to asda, don’t take me to asda, don’t take me to asda, don’t take me to asda, don’t take me to asda, don’t take me to asda, don’t take me to asda, don’t take me to asda, don’t take me to asda, don’t take me to asda, don’t take me to asda, don’t take me to asda, don’t take me to asda, don’t take me to asda, don’t take me to asda, don’t take me to asda, don’t take me to asda, don’t take me to asda, don’t take me to asda, don’t take me to asda,

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

off the record you always have the ones you like and dont like of course!

That girl said exactly the same thing. She had a preference for the proper dillusional fantasists… obviously.

I’m good thanks C_G. Going to finish work any minute now and then go out xmas partying!

cinnamon_girl

phil – it’s gotta be Tesco! I believe he’s now banned from Waitrose, for stalking or something. 😉

TSY – enjoy your other sexy party but make sure that hangover disappears before Sunday morning!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

[shuuders] Banned from Waitrose!! How would I eat?

When I worked at Waitrose I actually had a real life stalker, how about that then?

I’m going out for a meal on Saturday night so I’m going to be professional and only show people to snort tequilla tonight.

philconsequence
    Free Member

2 sexy parties in one weekend eh? good boy!

i hope you’ve done an all body shave for tonights event?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Shave, for sexy parties… pah.

I’m finishing early for sack, crack and back and legs and arms and chest, and shoulders, knees and toes, wax.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i did look after a guy who had body hair everywhere… and i mean everywhere, i had to shave his forehead, cheeks, nose every morning for him. much hairier than the “wolfmen” you see on the internet/tv, but due to his problems and being in care all his life the press hadnt got hold of him thank jebus!

nice guy, had a bit of a problem with leaving parcels of faeces around his room… think he eventually went into something to do with graphs in west oxfordshire, wonder how he’s doing!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

[edit} I wasn’t trying to avoid the swear filter I promise, I jsut typed it all humourous like and there it was a little parcel of excrement on my screen[edit], so I’m told.

philconsequence
    Free Member

huh?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I typed a word that sounds a lot like ship, but it’s a naughty word.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i guessed, but you appear to have edited out the rest of the post that would’ve put that word into context.

this upsets me, i’m going to go home and take a razorblade to my copy of con-air.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Army Rangers have
    a proud history.
    Since the 1700s, Rangers have led the
    way in every major confrontation…
    in which the United States
    has been involved.
    You men are a credit to that fine
    heritage, and I’m sorry to see you go.
    But you’ve served your country well,
    and you’ve displayed the ability
    to fight on…
    to the Ranger objective
    and complete its mission:
    never leaving behind a fallen comrade
    no matter what the odds or the enemy.

I thank you.

America thanks you.

And I wish you luck
    wherever you go.

And remember,
    Rangers lead the way.

philconsequence
    Free Member

quick TSY edit edit edit!!!!!

(i would never do such a horrible thing to a copy of con-air)

philconsequence
    Free Member

well i ordered a bashguard, it arrived, i put it on, the bolts aren’t long enough, i’ve now ordered a new set of bolts which i hope will fit as they look like they’ve got a longer internal thread to fit in the other half…. and total size of both parts screwed together is the same….

make sense? no thought not. well i’ve ordered them so worst case scenario is i’ve lost out on 5pounds and they go in the spares bin.

i really wanted to have my bashguard on for sunday, it would have been my little DIY on the bike achievement for the weekend…. but i also wanted to take the granny ring off but that would involve taking the crank arm (is that what its called, the bit holding the pedal on) off and i’m not confident enough to give that a try before sunday.

ahhh well the big ring is back on and its a 3X9 set up locked down to 1X9.

my toes are numb, i’ve got to do a tescos shop and i want a beer.

might go polish up the frame a bit with some gt85 so the mud doesnt stick to it as much on sunday, at least that way i’ll feel like i’ve achieved something bikey today 😥

timothius
    Free Member

Heh, I haven’t achieved much today either. Managed to get the pads out of the Elixirs by mauling the pad retention pin. Went to the LBS to get some Avid pads at 5:30 but they had closed! (Grrrrrr). Hope they are open tomorrow otherwise I’ll be riding without a front brake!

Still, I did buy my Swinley entry, so that’s a start.

philconsequence
    Free Member

front brakes…. at the speed we’ll be riding you wont need brakes 😆

i even gave up on polishing the frame as i realised everything i wanted to clean off wasnt mud it was scratches, do you need a set of avid juicy pads? (think they’re the same pads for all “juicy” models…)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Mleh… at my xmas party ce soir I was outed buy a mountain biking collegaue. Blast!

On the plus side he’s now coming to Swinley on Sunday. But I reckons I need a new user name now. OBviously I works hard on a daily basis but TSY doesn’t!

philconsequence
    Free Member

kids do you remember where you were when The Southern Yeti became The Furry Fantasy? 8)

Karinofnine

Is the ride still on for tomorrow?

philconsequence
    Free Member

sure is 🙂 check the “role call” thread for a list of people 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Still room in the truck if anyone needs a lift from Southampton direction.

Any updated on conditions? Mud, Deep mud, Deep Sticky Mud or Deep Sticky Mud and Gloop?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

There had better be some good photos from this. I want to see how many of these people are real and how many only exist in the yetis imagination

philconsequence
    Free Member

well the snows melting as we’re hitting tropical highs of 3-4 degrees here today, however should settle back down to 0-1degrees for tomorrow afternoon, so less snow, but hopefully hard ground 🙂

i hope there will be photos too uncle-J!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-Xl17B-Z0A[/video]

Torminalis
    Free Member

The new steed is in the house. La Pierre Zesty.

d-_-b

philconsequence
    Free Member

which zesty? and have you got one for me?

singletrackmind

Tormialis . Nice work , best to make sure the nuts and bolts are all tight, and maybe bed those new pads in .
    Might be worth carrying a few extra tools , and maybe a shock pump for increased faffage and time wasting tomorrow.
    mostly because
    a.- we dont really exist
    b .- we cant ride for more than a few miles without stopping to consume more sweeties
    c. – If your bars turn and your wheels dont then you die in a horrible crash then dezb is after a Lapierre

Torminalis
    Free Member

Got the basic 214 as that was all my ride to work voucher would cover but I am going to be replacing bits over time. Very excited.

In the shop they said, ‘we’ll just take it out back and set it up for you’

‘No you bliddy well won’t, that is my job for when Mrs is watching x-factor tonight thankyou very much…’

One thing I have noticed though is the veeery weird tyre choice, big fat 2.4 Conti Mountain King on the front, almost slick Conti Race King 2.2 on the back, went for quick burn in the snow and couldn’t get anywhere! I am sure I have a set of Vert Pro’s in the shed somewhere…

Mrs T likes it, it is red. 🙄

timothius
    Free Member

Just went to the LBS and got some new pads. Now the screaming is even worse! Argh!! And the disk is surgically clean too…grrr.

Oh well, was worth a go. Perhaps bedding them in will help.

Phil: Thanks for the pad offer.

Singletrackmind: Thanks for the lift, sent you an email to confirm.

Right, off to Tesco to get some sweats.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i wasnt expecting you tog et me such an exciting chrismtas present torm! a zesty is perfect though, thank you 😉

dobo
    Free Member

timothious nothing cleans pads and disks like swinley mud sand and water. swinley seems to eat pads anyway so take spares with you, you never know..
    have you tried adjusting your calliper?

dobo
    Free Member

would anyone freak if i took my cx bike 🙂 its totally inappropriate i know and no doubt will be pushing it/carrying it around and crashing but never been to swinley on it

oh is it icey ? or just wet and mud?

timothius
    Free Member

dobo: About the only thing I’ve not tried so far is sacrificing a virgin. I’m wondering is sintered pads just don’t like water. The noise is the disk itself vibrating as I can get it to make the same noise (on both wheels!) by running a cleaning cloth around it.

The LBS said that it was normal for the brakes to make such a noise until they warmed up, so perhaps that is why it was so bad in the snow.

Good idea on the pads, I’ll take a spare set.

philconsequence
    Free Member

nothing wrong with sacrificing a few virgins… that was the plan for our mid ride break i thought?! i’ve sharpened the steak knives and packed my butchers apron especially.

cinnamon_girl

dobo – a cx has been seen before on a Forum Ride! Bring it along, you know you want to! Heavy rain due mid-afternoon has not materialised here but snow is melting rapidly.

I’ll be wussing around on a 1.8 – please give me a wide berth. Oh wait, I’m sweeping so everyone’s safe. 🙄

dobo
    Free Member

damn it cg, so i’m still not going to niche enough…

i cant wait to try swinley with canti brakes!! my canti are like 5% of the stopping power of my XT’s 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 352 total)

The topic ‘THE Swinley (supersexualsuperfun) all-welcoming December FUN RIDE!’ is closed to new replies.