Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 130 total)
  • The sweetest looking Range Rover?
  • getonyourbike
    Free Member

If I saw someone riding that trek, or even worse the specialized to the shops I’d think ‘what a plonker’

Or, who did they nick that from? 😆

donsimon
    Free Member

Trust me elfin, that little red car wouldn’t get around the RR test track let alone proper off roading, neither would the bling-bling without being changed back to something closer to original design spec. Hence the DH bike with slicks, nothing to do with skills, everything to do with capability of the machine.

tazzymtb

sweetest looking range rover?

one that gets used properly

donsimon
    Free Member

Pah! You could do this in my little Pug 206 without breaking a sweat.

Go away and show me something challenging.

v8ninety

If I saw someone riding that trek, or even worse the specialized to the shops I’d think ‘what a plonker’
    Why would you think that?
    Surely they would be free to make their own choices, as you are to make yours?

I’d think what a plonker too, because I think someone who uses the wrong tool for the job for the sake of fashion/making a statement/ whatever is a bit of a wally.

But, to (miss)quote someone clever;

I may not agree with your choice of rides, but I defend absolutely your right to make such poor choices.

And I can still think that you’re a plonked for it, its a free country!

nevis
    Free Member

Maybe those pics are photochopped, but the Range Rover test ground isn’t.

Must be that the trees just grow at a funny angles then 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

Eh? 😕

tazzymtb

Go away and show me something challenging

hows that for challenging 😆

CountZero

The white one with the blonde bint driving is ghastly. A Bentley front end on a Range Rover. Sweet baby Jesus…

edoverheels
    Free Member

I saw the photo and thought it must be a spoof thread but apparently not.

Rorschach
    Free Member

S’all twitwaffle innit.

donsimon
    Free Member

hows that for challenging

emac65
    Free Member

For all the too little clearance comments,you obviously don’t know about their suspension do you.It’s very clever you know…….

DickBarton

That’ll get the job done…

donsimon
    Free Member

For all the too little clearance comments,you obviously don’t know about their suspension do you.It’s very clever you know…….

Go on, what’s all this then?

emac65
    Free Member

Work for it & find out that way you’ll remember it……;O)

donsimon
    Free Member

No, tell me, I love learning new things.

sambob
    Free Member

That the one on the Fort William road DickBarton? Seen one exactly the same many times.

emac65
    Free Member

don simon – Member
    No, tell me, I love learning new things.

It goes up & down……..

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

The Range Rover Classic is by far the nicest, can’t beat the original.I tried to find some pics of the camel trophy specced ones but failed.

donsimon
    Free Member

It goes up & down……..

So that’ll allow the bling-bling to do this then?

And this?

and this?

Even with those low profile tyres?
    Every school’s a day day….

emac65
    Free Member

pretty much Tyre & wheel dependant,but yes if you don’t mind scuffing your alloys

v8ninety

Here ya go.

But the Darien Gap expedition was far more hardcore and historical;

DickBarton

Sambob – yes, the very same…I thought it was the only one but according to this site, it wasn’t.

donsimon
    Free Member

pretty much Tyre & wheel dependant,but yes if you don’t mind scuffing your alloys

No s**t? I’d have assumed that you’d never get such a low profile tyre over the rocks, and even though we drove a RR thogh a couple of feet of mud, the even wider bling-bling tyres would have problems in mud and nice to know that the front body work won’t catch when attempting the 45º ascent or drop. might be worth getting one after all.
    Like I say, I love learning. Thanks

chupucabra
    Free Member

Who was it on here who posted a pic of his (Diahatsu?, something Japanese anyway)4×4 pickup airborne with both sets of wheels about four feet off the ground and spinning like crazy after cresting a rise ? Now that was off-roading 🙂 I can’t remember who it was unfortunately cos i’m beered.

If it was you can you post it again please?

v8ninety

More modern take on the cuthbertson conversion above.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’d think what a plonker too, because I think someone who uses the wrong tool for the job for the sake of fashion/making a statement/ whatever is a bit of a wally.

I don’t get that. Someone uses a bicycle to pop to the shops, and they’e using the ‘wrong tool for the job’? 😕

Do they need to own a specific bike just for popping to the shops? Are they not allowed to use whatever they want?

The point, which some of you seem to have missed, is that people are free to make their own choices, as much as you are. is not it nice we live in such a diverse and varied World? 🙂

Judge not others lest you be judged yourself…

I’d like someone to explain the ‘Elfin is jealous’ tag above, actually. Jealous of what?

globalti
    Free Member

yunki
    Free Member

v8ninety

I don’t get that. Someone uses a bicycle to pop to the shops, and they’e using the ‘wrong tool for the job’?

Well fair point, but it would be the wrong tool, wouldn’t it? A low, slack, gravity orientated, not particularly comfy £5000+ DH rig would be a darned sight less useful on a trip to the shops than say, a nice toury, roady type of bike, with say, a rack?

Like I said, I’d think plonker, but I defend the right to be a plonker absolutely. There’s plenty of things I do that I’m sure people think I’m a plonker for, and that’s up to them. I’m not going to lose sleep over it!

Edit; I think you miss my point; the freedom to think someone a plonker is as important as the freedom to chose what bike/pimped rangerover to take to the shops.

sambob
    Free Member

It wasn’t there last time I went, was gutted.

takisawa2

That Landrover is more my cup of tea.

The RR is a bit of a joke these days, an expensive one & let’s face it, a pretty common one these days. Plenty of folk second mortgaged to get them no doubt.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

don simon 😀

I know I shouldn’t, but….elfin – aren’t you being a bit judgemental of folk expressing personal opinions?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Anyway, back to sweet range rovers.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

aren’t you being a bit judgemental of folk expressing personal opinions?

No I’m not actually. Just questioning why people think that way, is all.

Seems to be an awful lot of ‘my choices are sound and justifiable but other people’s aren’t and therefore I’m superior to them’ type attitudes on here.

the freedom to think someone a plonker is as important as the freedom to chose what bike/pimped rangerover to take to the shops.

Fair point. But you do accept that others have that same ‘right’ to think what they like about you, yeah?

v8ninety

Fair point. But you do accept that others have that same ‘right’ to think what they like about you, yeah?

I think I already did…

Like I said, I’d think plonker, but I defend the right to be a plonker absolutely. There’s plenty of things I do that I’m sure people think I’m a plonker for, and that’s up to them. I’m not going to lose sleep over it!

aracer
    Free Member

Do they need to own a specific bike just for popping to the shops?

No – but if it’s an expensive dh bike and they only use it for popping to the shops, then that’s just silly. They’ve made a free choice to look like a plonker. I don’t have an issue with somebody using an expensive dh bike to the shops if most of the time it gets used for its intended purpose (you’d have to wonder whether they couldn’t afford a cheap shop popping bike if they can afford an expensive dh one, mind).

I might have bling bikes, but I don’t think you could accuse me of not using them for the design purpose. Maybe you could explain why somebody would think I’m a plonker for owning a high end TT bike to ride TTs fast and a high end XC MTB for going fast in off-road races?

Oh, and back on topic

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No – but if it’s an expensive dh bike and they only use it for popping to the shops, then that’s just silly.

Only in your opinion it is, let’s face it.

I would consider it somewhat extravagant, but I woon’t judge the person unless I actually knew them personally. You don’t know someone’s reasons for their choices, unless you know them.

Maybe you could explain why somebody would think I’m a plonker for owning a high end TT bike to ride TTs fast and a high end XC MTB for going fast in off-road races?

Personally I don’t really care, but some might think that unless you’re a top pro rider, having such high-end bikes makes you a ‘plonker’. I know I’ve read similar type views on here! Y’know, when folk bang on about ‘ATGNI Weekend Warriors’ owning 6″ travel ‘All Mountain’ bikes to pootle about in Surrey…

As for Range Rovers; they’re primarily spensive lifestyle vehicles, not utilitarian off-roaders. They’re aimed at those who want a big, powerful motor but don’t necessarily want to drive across mountains and deserts in them. A fact borne out by the sheer number that are driven exclusively on roads.

How many people on here own those big ‘divers’ watches, y’know, the ones with all the dials and work down to 300m underwater and that? How many of them actually do any diving?

Isn’t that exactly the same thing?

You can buy a popular yet relatively inexpensive bicycle in this colour:

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘The sweetest looking Range Rover?’ is closed to new replies.