Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)
  • the staggering arrogance of Dwain chambers
  • andyruss
    Free Member

Anyone else see the press release of that CHEAT. Sorry but what a knob,he knew were British athletics stood before he cheated. His vailed suggestion that it was because of his race ie going on about our colonial past just about sums him up. That is one british runner l hope fails ( not just the drugs test). It saddens me to think he gets lottery funding.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

link or it didn’t happen?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Completely agree he’s a muppet and I hope he isn’t even good enough to be picked! Tool.. and thats’ the polite phrase!

kimbers

let him run

will be really funny when everyone boos him

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Jeez, so much compassion and rehabilitation, eh?

andyruss
    Free Member

Yeah right

project
    Free Member

WHO, some attention seeking tweeter probably.

pingu66
    Free Member

The whole article has racist undertone. I mean reading it and then descring David Millar as “the black sheep”. Was this the jouro’s intention or were these words actually said.

Why did he take drugs? Because he couldn’t do it clean. He will have to live with the fact that he is indeed a failure. I also think he is an arrogant tunc as are his lawyers and manager but hey if they din’t rattle cages he would get someone that did.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Millar described himself as the black sheep.

“I am quite happy looking forward to 2014 Glasgow Commonwealth Games. That will be a much more joyful experience than me going to the Olympics as a black sheep. Even if it was to all go through now, and I was to go, I don’t know if it would be a very joyful experience for me. Is it a stronger message if I don’t go, is it a stronger message if I do go and perhaps try to change people’s opinion that forgiveness should be offered?”

quote taken from a cyclingnews.com article.

headfirst
    Free Member

Blimey. You lot need to actually read that article properly rather than seeing what you want to see. It clearly states that Chambers has made no comment.

Junkyard
    Free Member

hey, lets not let the fact get in the way of some ranting

It has in my view[Chambers’ lawyer Siza Agha] been an exposure of colonial arrogance that even the most extreme and blinkered should have realised could only serve to marginalise British opinion on the international stage

pingu66
    Free Member

He may well have however as I said the journo has crammed as many comments regarding “colonialism” etc thats why that statement stood out to me. Normally I wouldn’t read anything into it. After all the article is about Chambers not Millar, why even mention him let alone a seriously isolated quote.

Junkyard
    Free Member

do you mean two comments with both of them being quotes?

scaredypants

What we have received has been a crude and defiant display fuelled by misguided statements such as ‘We have standards and the rest of the world doesn’t’

So it ain’t about his race either, it’s about the attitude to other countries’ athletics boards

fubar
    Free Member

I do not condone his past cheating but…

I hope he wins gold (unlikely I know) and wish him all the best.

I think his perseverance, and him still being competitive despite being frozen out, is something to be admired (the cheating isn’t).

He’s paid the price as far as I’m concerned.

jordie
    Free Member

Never mind all the terrorist threats if he is running somebody so needs to run on and trip him up. He is a cheat and that should always stick with him.Ask him why he did it because he wasn`t good enough to win!!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Blimey! there’s quite a bit of pent up stress on this thread. Maybe people should lay off the roids for a while 😀

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Its a shame for the clean runners who could of taken his place!

andyruss
    Free Member

So we are too believe his lawyers made that statement without chambers knowing.. next you will be telling me he is truly sorrry,truly sorry he got caught that is

RichPenny
    Free Member

Personally I think it sends a more powerful message to allow him to run. The bloke made some stupid choices and has thrown away the best years of his career. He will always be known as a cheat anyway, but if selected it will be shown that you can make mistakes, take your punishment and still be able to achieve something; a valuable lesson.

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOL at the thread FAIL…who’d have thought there’d be a correlation between stupidity and punitive moaning!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m another for rehab and acceptance, then let the guy do what he does best.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The BBC sports website has it pretty well summed up. In the Olympics section there is subsection called “Entertainment and Arts” under which there are two news items:

1. Duran Duran to play Olympic gig

2. Chambers eligible for London 2012

They obviously foresaw these debates and their real value!!

deluded
    Free Member

Completely agree he’s a muppet and I hope he isn’t even good enough to be picked! Tool.. and thats’ the polite phrase!

Quite emphatic MC – you left us in no doubt your position on the matter 😀 – and I agree as well. DC competing is a disgrace pure and simple.

Sam

I’m glad to see the ST forum is such a bastion of forgiveness and belief that people can ‘sin’ and then redeem themselves.

Either you believe in a system which punishes cheats then gives them another chance, or you are for life bans all the way. To exclude them from one specific event is ridiculous.

Junkyard
    Free Member

So we are too believe his lawyers made that statement without chambers knowing.

well in the face of no evidence to support the assertion by someone who said chambers said it , said “yeah right” when someone gave a link to prove who it was and who now pluralises his manager [ who is a lawyer] to a plural….mmm what should someone think with such strong evidence 🙄

Very funny OP the only thing funnier than someone starting a misguded and wrong thread is for them to continue to labour the point in spite of the evidence
    Well done you

RichPenny
    Free Member

Completely agree he’s a muppet and I hope he isn’t even good enough to be picked!

He’s the fastest British sprinter by a considerable distance. It’s very likely that he’ll qualify. Makes you wonder how fast he could have been if he hadn’t cheated.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Personally I think he should’ve gotten the death penalty…oK, oK, oK, it’s a bit harsh, but everyone loves a good hanging.

enfht
    Free Member

Chambers is a disgrace, so no surprise he’s played the race card.

shadowrider
    Free Member

He made a mistake when he was a young athlete, he has paid for his cheating by constant abuse from narrow minded people who live whiter than white lives. He has worked hard for many years to try and prove himself, so I think he deserves his chance,

chewkw
    Free Member

When money and big sponsors are involved they are all cheats!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Actually, I was thinking about drug cheats in sport and have decided that the most fitting punishment for anyone who gets caught…

They should be made to do a load of performance inhibiting drugs.

Load the blokes up with oestrogen etc

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I can’t even be bothered to have this constant debate! If caught as drugs cheat a ban should mean life, unfortuantely WADA and BOA have different rules. There are too many different drugs governing bodies, all countries should play by the same rules. Dont’ be givnig them a 2nd chance, knowing you get banned for life should be enough, I mean come on prime example Ricardo Ricco..now what a man he is? how many chances does he want?

Millar and Chambers are completely different people, and as many have already said ..Geraint Thomas, Chris Hoy etc etc etc they want the best people in the team however they feel drugs cheats should be banned, which includes Millar (despite them all liking him as a bloke). He’s done a lot for sport, drugs and cycling (I originally hated him ….since thousands of previous threads like this). As for Chambers he’s an arrogant twunt, always has been and quite clearly always will be, he’s also a has been!!

that’s the end of my debate on the matter, I certainly won’t be supporting Chambers in the Olympics (hopefully he won’t even make it there). He should wake up, quit and go and get a different job!

Deluded.. do you think my point came across above?

hora
    Free Member

The pinacle of sporting achievement has McDonalds as ‘official restaurant of the games’….. So excuse me from caring anymore about 2xcheats.

stew1982
    Free Member

I’d be surprised if any sportsman did drugs because they “want” to, but more they feel the need to, be it through pressure of one sort of another. There is also the thought that everyone else is doing it, and I may only ever get one chance! I’d imagine it’s a mistake they regret long before they get caught!

He made a mistake, got caught, paid the price – good luck to him, hope he gets a medal.

cynic-al
    Free Member

A ban for x years means a ban for x years, what is so difficult to understand?

chewkw
    Free Member

LOL @ sponsors … London 2012

hmmm … double big Mac meal and add more sugar to the milkshake please.

… supply more pesticide to the farmers please … oh look poor farmers in the 3rd world … let’s give them more pesticide please.

… ya everything belongs to us.

… we got your money fool!

… I love sugar me.

Heineken UK … Hello! It is our culture … more alcohol please.

Thames Water … errmm … it’s in the Thames so you drink it first.

GlaxoSmithKline … Dwain Chambers … I bet they sponsored you?

etc …

😆

nealglover
    Free Member

Chambers is a disgrace, so no surprise he’s played the race card.

Well he didn’t.

And neither did anyone else.

So it still a surprise 🙄

Lifer
    Free Member

If he can make the time let him run. I think a lifetime ban for a second offence is fair though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘the staggering arrogance of Dwain chambers’ is closed to new replies.