Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The Schadenfreude Thread
  • wwaswas

BA boss angry he wasn’t told that:

a) his HQ building will be demolished to make way for third runway
    b) he’ll have to pay for it to be done.

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2016/nov/22/ba-boss-shocked-to-find-out-that-third-heathrow-runway-will-raze-his-hq

jimdubleyou

bikebouy
    Free Member

Did he even look at the planned options?

🙄

Sandwich

I had a wry smile when reading that. Be careful what you wish for, writ large.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Really ? Guardian being economical with the truth ?

A Heathrow spokesperson said: “British Airways has been consulted on the detail of our expansion plans throughout, including options for the relocation of Waterside ahead of the submission to the Airports Commission.

“We are optimising our plans and are determined to work with our airlines to deliver them as cost efficiently as possible, which in turn will keep our airline charges as close to flat with today’s charges as possible.”

Airlines where always going to pay for the expansion via higher charges.

wwaswas

No one’s saying BA weren’t told – just the bloke in charge 🙄

wwaswas

Actually, I’m coming back to this Jambalaya

Surely the Guardian’s role is to report both sides of a story?

a) BA boss ‘claimed’ he wasn’t told.
    b) HEtahrow said he was

Where’s the Guardian being economical with the truth in this article they actually report the Heathrow side *in the same story*?

What should they have done differently? Written a story;

“Heathrow report that everyone’s been told everything so that’s good enough for us”

and not give BA chairs viewpoint?

martinhutch

There is no earthly way that the proposed siting of the third runway would not have been extensively mapped out and those maps made available to BA, considering the demolition of their HQ would hardly be an afterthought.

I imagine it has been extensively discussed within BA, too.

Just shows that Willie Walsh has lost all grip on reality, or that no-one in his own team bothers to tell him anything these days.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Understood was, at least the Guardian added the LHR quote.

Just shows that Willie Walsh has lost all grip on reality, or that no-one in his own team bothers to tell him anything these days.

🙂

geetee1972
    Free Member

Given that Alex Cruz is the boss of BA, not Willie Walsh, it seems that accurate reporting isn’t high on their agenda.

enfht
    Free Member

Surely the Guardian’s role is to report both sides of a story?

Deluded is deluded.

irc

Given that Alex Cruz is the boss of BA, not Willie Walsh, it seems that accurate reporting isn’t high on their agenda.

Yep, if they can’t get the name of the person who the story refers to right I’m not going to take the Guardian’s word on anything else in the story.

scaredypants

Willie Walsh, the chief executive of BA’s parent company IAG

is that wrong, then ?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I heard someone on the radio say that a 3rd Heathrow runway would threaten the lives of everyone on the planet!
    Anyone else hear that or am I more imaginative than normal?

CountZero

I heard someone on the radio say that a 3rd Heathrow runway would threaten the lives of everyone on the planet!
    Anyone else hear that or am I more imaginative than normal?

Perhaps they think it’ll form a big ‘X marks the spot’ where the next giant asteroid will aim for.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘The Schadenfreude Thread’ is closed to new replies.