• This topic has 44 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by rone.
Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • The saturated fat debate
  • Klunk
    Free Member

I go with saturated fat is not so good for you when in combination with sugar, eg cake, chocolate, ice cream, doughnuts, biscuits etc…. only trouble is they are addictive and nice 🙁

MSP

If that’s the case it suits my diet better as I like all things dairy/meat/beef drip chips and not particularly bothered about sugary stuff.

Chips are bad, that combines fat with an insulin spike from cheap carbs (the potato) that pushes the fat into the system.

I have been going low carb for a couple of months now, and increased the “healthy fats”. It is strange how adapted to carbs I am, take last night for example I had a chicken breast with a load of steamed broccoli and cauliflower. My stomach was full, in fact I had overeaten, but my brain still registered that I was hungry because I hadn’t had a rush of blood sugar that I would have got from spuds, pasta or rice with the meal.

mogrim

Cougar – Moderator

I thought olive oil was ‘bad’ to cook with?

It’s poor for frying as it starts to break down at a relatively low temperature compared to other cooking oils.[/quote]

Olive oil has a higher and a lower smoke point than other oils, depending on whether you use extra virgin (lower) or light (higher). It’s perfectly good for frying if you choose the right stuff.

https://jonbarron.org/diet-and-nutrition/healthiest-cooking-oil-chart-smoke-points

greentricky
    Free Member

Just came across this somewhere else and seems relevant
    http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/31/bjsports-2016-097285

rone

Chips are bad, that combines fat with an insulin spike from cheap carbs (the potato) that pushes the fat into the system

Well I’d personally go for this combo over the often suggested pasta dishes as personally it suits my digestive system better.

You’ve got to get your energy from somewhere for big rides.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘The saturated fat debate’ is closed to new replies.