Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The Rime (of the not exactly ancient mountain biker)
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Was having a look at these in the LBS today. Apart from the colour, they look a really good trail shoe. Anyone tried them?

Boa, Vibram, and a really nice stiffness (fnaar)

On the colour front, I think the US market gets a plain black ‘colorway’ so there’s at least an option of finding something a little less disco slipper.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I have a pair, and I can confirm they are amazing…if a little pricey. Buy em, you won’t be disappointed.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thanks!

Cost isn’t my main concern, value and quality is what I’m after.

Will track a pair down then!

rOcKeTdOg

i like that colour, price and “flexible sole” put me off slightly, need to try in an LBS before buying online 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I did a little LOL, RD!

It’s got the right amount of flex for a trail shoe. I’ve found that loony race shoes are a little too stiff, especially around the toebox. These felt spot on.

Just hated the colour! Still, different blokes, different strokes, eh?

rOcKeTdOg

flex concern was only after reading an online review, need to try myself as you have done to be sure

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, tried them on. Hated the colour. LBS are calling Spesh on Monday to see if the black ones come to the UK, if not will buy some on my next US trip.

Kevevs
    Free Member

if you like ’em, buy ’em.

rOcKeTdOg

😉

Rime by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

crazy-legs

What idiot ever thought that white shoes were a good idea for MTBing in the UK? In fact, white kit in general…

yunki
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

RD has a pair?

*Strikes them off the list*

😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘The Rime (of the not exactly ancient mountain biker)’ is closed to new replies.