Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The old sell complete or break it condundrum
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

Toying with the idea of selling one of my bikes, namely my scandal XT. With it being less mainstream, I. Was thinking eBay would be a waste of time. So would you sell it complete or take the time to break it? Other option is flog the frame, forks and wheels and the shelve the rest until I can afford something else to build it up

tazzymtb

is it the slot dropout or vertical one? if it’s the slot droppy SS-able frame the classifieds here or the one cog boys on facebook will snaffle it quickly as they are still sought after frames.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Hey matey, nope regular vertical dropouts.

tazzymtb

booooo, could have shifted that in record time for ya. Big or ikkle wheels?
    is it the british racing green one? they seem popular as well

M6TTF
    Free Member

clown wheels. and yeah its British Racing Green large. Tora SL forks, XT shifters, drivetrain and mechs. Elixir R’s. Carbon Monkeylites. FSA wheelset, rear rebuilt onto Stans Arch. Just undecided whether its worth just selling it as it is, breaking, or keeping the components for a future build

Digger90
    Free Member

To answer the original question, the only way to tell is to add up what you think you’d get for it in parts and advertise it complete for that much (less the cost of all the individual postage/packing & hassle).

Someone may buy it for that… OTOH if it doesn’t sell complete people will always ask if you’re prepared to split.

Taff
    Free Member

If youre going on eBay I seem to find that splitting d

Taff
    Free Member

If youre going on eBay I seem to find that splitting doesn’t give the profits it used to now the fees are higher. Best off splitting on here and similar forums or selling complete on eBay. Maybe just my bad luck though

tazzymtb

I’d sell it on here as a rolling chassis for the 29er curious, it’s a bloody good starting place for a lot of people.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Cheers for the insight chaps – will have a think on whether it’s going

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘The old sell complete or break it condundrum’ is closed to new replies.