Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The new Independence Day movie
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

Anyone seen the new Independence Day movie yet?

How does it compare to the original which I liked.
    Have they done a Ghost busters and killed it or is it worth going to see on the big screen?
    Cheers

scandal42
    Free Member

The only people I know who have seen it have said it is utterly shit.

vongassit
    Free Member

It’s dire , makes the first one seem like Oscar material. Who approves this pish? , obviously have a poor opinion of their targeted audience. Give me a P T Anderson film anyday.

schmiken

I liked it, but I have really bad taste in films.

kennyp
    Free Member

It’s big and very cheesy…………but good fun; myself and MrsKenny both enjoyed it.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Any Friday reviews?

Drac

I’ve not seen it but know someone who walked out it was so bad. One for TV viewing I reckon.

honeybadgerx

Strikes me as one to watch when the other half is away with beer and a curry.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

It’s fantastic in the way only a truly crap but expensive film can be. Some good performances and amazing special effects.

It had everything from the cheesy lines to the destruction of landmarks in spectacular ways.

It did seem to be missing the human interest aspect in the way the best films of those type (Independence Day, Day After Tomorrow etc) do. THere wasn’t anyone to root for throughout the film.

Worth a watch and we enjoyed it but not up to the standard of the original.

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

An entertaining night out but yes, as others have said, a massive cheese fest. Pretty much every movie cliche was used, a huge slice of improbability and lashings of WTF. Will make you smile in places that I am sure the director wasn’t meaning to be funny. Overall, it is a bit of a shocker. But one that does entertain. More cheesy than a Jason Statham film (and there’s another one of thise coming soon) but provided you are not too precious or arty about your cinema going experience then you will be entertained.

footflaps

We went and saw it and it was exactly as reviewed, pretty crap. However, I quite like bug budget sci-fi escape-ism, so wasn’t really disappointed.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Complete brain out, special effects fest.

Plot is almost non existent, and what is there is full of holes.

footflaps

what is there is full of holes.

Like the alien ship in bongo-bongo* land that no one had been able to examine for 20 years because the warlord had a sack full of AK47s and a 3′ wooden fence round it….

* Bongo-Bongo land is now an official Foreign Office term for any country populated by Piccaninies…

bikebouy
    Free Member

I was looking forward to this, can’t say massively but yes I would have gone to watch it on the big screen.

I might now wait for it to come out on Apple or Sky.

martinhutch

Are we allowed to support the aliens in this one?

bug budget

Insectoids, eh?

vondally
    Free Member

No wit charm or comedy, no thrills spills or scares not enough Jeff goldblum dire film and I will happily watch serious rubbish I like transformers films because I can hear them.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘The new Independence Day movie’ is closed to new replies.