Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • the name changing thing
  • GrahamS

Ooh little arrows now

Jamie
    Free Member

Hmmm….still not sure.

Maybe just have the bold in the classifieds. What purpose does shouting who the premier members are in the main forums have? Once in the thread you can see who is what.

elliptic
    Free Member

How about making premier member names in the listings link to their profiles?

Then they'd be bold and green which looks rather nicer.

[…took a few edits but got the colour right eventually…]

GrahamS

How about a little crown icon?

psychle
    Free Member

how about they could change the 'premier member' bit to something witty and urbane (with a capped amount of text/letters allowed)? that'd be fun…

Drac

How about a lion with one of his paws on a football with GrahamS' head on his bonce.

GrahamS

Nah, that's just silly what you said Drac.
    It'd be way too big and you'd never get the detail right 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

nothing to do with vinnyh impersonating smee then ?

good to see equality coming into play here !

Jamie
    Free Member

How about a little crown icon?

…plus it means prem members also get double row for their posts to show how important they are.

Mark

Maybe just have the bold in the classifieds. What purpose does shouting who the premier members are in the main forums have? Once in the thread you can see who is what.

In all honesty? It's a great way of advertising to non-Premier Users that the Premier System exists. It draws attention to the system…. just like this marvelous thread is doing.

The Premier system has reduced the price of a subscription by £4.99 a year AND delivered more content.

More to read.. less to pay…

I know that's a strange concept for a business but it works for us and we think it deserves having some attention drawn to it. We think the little arrows are a good balance of subtlety and prominence 🙂

walleater

People could change their account names? Damn, I didn't realise.

So it's too late to be ->walleater then?

nasher
    Free Member

Oh and Premier Users have supplied us with a valid payment and a verified billing address, which if I was buying from a Premier User in the classifieds would give me one extra bit of reassurance.

That is very well if you bought an item and was not delivered etc.. but what if it was an other member? what would you do with that info?

STW as a company that holds peoples personal contact details you would have had to sign up to the data protection Act by Law.

Therefore I would be VERY CAREFUL what you do with that information.

Drac

Good idea to highlight the premier thing, nice for those that are slightly more organised than me and made a simple phone call and if it's good for your business that's a bonus and also very kind of you to pass the savings on a little to clients. The bold looked crap, no arrow is ok.

Maybe ask members on here to come up with a nice design?

Drac

Nasher, he didn't suggest that they'll gibe the infomation out his point was that these pople have paid up and supplied an address to them so shows that they are not fly by night who will post a few ads and take the money.

Mark

Yes… well, after 10 years of producing a magazine and managing subscribers info we are aware of our data protection obligations…

This is directly from our classifieds rules…

Premier users are users who have subscribed to access the extra features of our website from digital issues of Singletrack to the ability to reduce the number of ads displayed on each page of the site. This is a paid for service and as such we hold verified account information that includes a full postal address. Now, while we will never give out any personal information to ANY third party apart from relevent authorities with a rightful legal claim (eg. Police or authorities with a warrant), these users ARE known to us and we may contact them on your behalf. To all intents and purposes they can be considered to be verified and traceable sellers or buyers.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Right. This is a classic piece of divide and conquer. Its class war time chaps! thebourgoise have made a serious mistake in pointing out who the petit bougoise are. Its time for the dicattorship of the proletariat.

Posters of the singletrackworld unite – you have nothing to lose but your chains.

This used to be an egalitarian society back in the day.

I call mark "snowball" and chipps "Napoleon" And as for Tom – he is just an imperialist lackey You will get your comeuppance you class traitor you.

( anyone got any spare class war clichés? I seem to have run out)

nasher
    Free Member

Ahhh

I get yer!

We have done the DPA thing and the list of offences and sentences means that robbing a bank would be better!!!

Sorry Mark didnt mean to sound patronising 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

petit bougoise

Is that a loaf of bread?

Drac

Is that a loaf of bread?

No, it means little snots.

GrahamS

( anyone got any spare class war clichés? I seem to have run out)

* ernie_lynch to the thread please * 😀

JulianA
    Free Member

Byee TJ – nice knowing you!

Now where's that thread about the longest ban – it seems to need updating…

Only joking, Mark and the other guys at SingletrackTowers! 😆

Edit – I think TJ's been on the hooch – his speeling is nornaly beter thn thaat.

Top.Dog
    Free Member

so why why didnt vinneyh get banned for impersonating smee?

Drac

As he made Smee look sensible for once.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"Hand me your wallet and lets see"

Lol! Marketing doesn't get more direct than that.

rOcKeTdOg

Premier Users have supplied us with a valid payment and a verified billing address

i did too when i subscribed to the magazine, is the mag 2nd to the website now?

Dougal
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – I think you can phone up and get the premier features if you already have a subscription.

Liking the arrows, a lot less distracting than the bolded names. Maybe a mouseover/alt-text saying 'premier member'?

rOcKeTdOg

rOcKeTdOg – I think you can phone up and get the premier features if you already have a subscription.

ooh a freebie!

rOcKeTdOg

ooh a freebie!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It's gone because some people were abusing their privileges.

What ? …….they weren't using the 'name change option' for it's intended purpose ?

…………….. fair enough.

What was the intended purpose of the option by the way ?

😕

Mark

No idea what the purpose was.. It appeared after an update I seem to recall. An accident waiting to happen 🙂

Jenga
    Free Member

Where are these arrows? Can't see any, but still see a few bold names in classifieds. Am I missing something?

Drac

Where are these arrows? Can't see any, but still see a few bold names in classifieds. Am I missing something?

Your glasses?

Jenga
    Free Member

There are no arrows to be seen here, and I am wearing my (very new) glasses. Where are these arrows?

Mark

Look closer..
    You may need to get really close to the screen..

Everyone else can see them..

No! Closer than that!

🙂

wwaswas

There's a nose print on my screen now 🙁

Jenga
    Free Member

Ah now I've found them. That's very interesting.

Pook

Liking the arrows, a lot less distracting than the bolded names. Maybe a mouseover/alt-text saying 'premier member'?

plus a little fanfare when you do

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Now, while we will never give out any personal information to ANY third party apart from relevent authorities with a rightful legal claim (eg. Police or authorities with a warrant), these users ARE known to us and we may contact them on your behalf.

Pedantic mode/
    If an enforcement agency requested contact details from you – they wouldnt have to have a 'warrant'. Just an explanation of their powers under whatever legislation they are requesting the information under and you would have to provide the request, failure to do so could be considered as obstruction.

Not been funny, like…. 😉

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘the name changing thing’ is closed to new replies.