Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The march of the Toads
  • enfht
    Free Member

What’s with all the toads out on the trails at the mo!! I almost run at least 5 over last night, cute little buggers!

wiiija
    Free Member

Great picture, love toads! Its that time of year again be careful on the trails! 🙂

P20

Yeah there were loads out last wednesday night

Toad or frog though?

wiiija
    Free Member

Thats a toad 🙂

enfht
    Free Member

The pic’s not my handywork, all the snaps I took on my crappy phone came out too blury to post. I guess if they’re all looking for a shag that makes them the orignal doggers

coatesy
    Free Member

They’ll be off to the breeding ground, I seem to remember that at one time the authorities used to close a road near a reservoir in Newport so they’d have safe passage.

sharki
    Free Member

It’s that time of year….middle to end of march the buggers are migrating to there breeding grounds, so beware of stopping near them for pics, they’re horny little swines with powerful legs so will make your eyes water unless you relax…

leggyblonde
    Free Member

frogs started getting jiggy a few weeks ago in my pond and toads always come (ahem) a bit later.

I’ve often wondered who would win in a fight between the two…

enfht
    Free Member

Compared to frogs, toads look like retired prize fighters so my money would be on the toad if they both had to fight imo

crazy-legs

We were night riding this time last year out round Ladybower Res in the Peaks, the road between the res and the hillside was swarming with toads, literally hundreds of them. There were a few of them that didn’t make it that night… 🙁

yoshimi

Was out with junkyard last night up rivington – riding back along the canal there were loads of them – sure I ran some over :cry:- thought they wre frogs tho

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘The march of the Toads’ is closed to new replies.