• This topic has 72 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by G.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • The lowest of the low – don't read this is easily upset…
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

A very disturbing story…
    How on earth can people like this even exist in this world?

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Expecting our first child in a few months, I find that even harder to read 😥

What is wrong with this world 🙁

dmiller
    Free Member

thats **** up. 🙁

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Expecting our first child in a few months

As a new father myself I am similarly upset – but jeez – it is one sick thing kidnapping a baby, but this one really stuns me.

mtbfix

The story, as it stands, does not actually provide evidence that the child belongs to the dead woman. Nor have the couple mentioned been convicted.

If it does all add up as the story suggests then it is a very sad reflection of one end of humanity.

A friend works in post-natal ICU at the local hospital and is often depressed about the prospects for newborns who have to be weaned off heroine from the very start of their tiny lives. No baby deserves that sort of start.

G
    Free Member

The woman is undoubtedly very very ill. Might be an idea to find out why bearing in mind its not the first case of its kind and I've got an empty Gel pack to bet that it won't be the last.

G

coffeeking
    Free Member

Indeed, it would suggest that the person is not exactly functioning correctly, rather than a reflection on society.

dmiller
    Free Member

A friend works in post-natal ICU at the local hospital and is often depressed about the prospects for newborns who have to be weaned off heroine from the very start of their tiny lives. No baby deserves that sort of start.

🙁

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

And the point of this thread is?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

heard that on the radio this morning, pretty disturbing stuff.

molgrips
    Free Member

Low? Disturbed? Insane? Is there a difference?

Smee
    Free Member

I've read some sick shit in my time but that hits a new level.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Seriously?

Speshpaul

molgrips – Member

Tell me you are taking the piss!

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes, seriously.

molgrips
    Free Member

What's the difference between so pathalogically evil that you do this stuff, and being mentally ill? It comes down to the definition and origin of free will, doesn't it?

Dobbo

"And the point of this thread is?"

For people who want to discuss a topic to do just that…..very tricky one that.

G
    Free Member

What's the difference between so pathalogically evil that you do this stuff, and being mentally ill?

I thought it would be self evident, but I'll go with it, one suggests that the individual is in someway in control of their actions whereas the other suggests that they really aren't.

Speshpaul

Clearly not on planet molgrips.
    "What's the difference between so pathologically evil that you do this stuff, and being mentally ill?”
    Are you some sort of fundamentalist god botherer? Do you actually beleave that Evil (as in not good – by your standards) is the same as some who is mentally ill?

MTT
    Free Member

Coming from the man who started a 'bring back Rudeboy' thread. pfft.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And the point of any thread is?…

deft
    Free Member
    molgrips
    Free Member

Are you some sort of fundamentalist god botherer?

Lol.

I used the word evil as convenient shorthand, since it's in common use.

one suggests that the individual is in someway in control of their actions whereas the other suggests that they really aren't.

That's way simplistic. Is a schizophrenic who listens to the voices in control of his actions or not?

If you suddenly decide to become a serial killer, you are in control of your actions, but surely the impulse to kill frequently and randomly is a symptom of a mental illness?

Not getting good answers…

hora
    Free Member

You know when they say

Keep your friends close but your enemies closer

? Well now isnt that time I guess.

MTT
    Free Member

deft – surely they have CCTV from the cinema?

Put them in the room with a couple of royal marines…

G
    Free Member

Double post type scenario! Soz

G
    Free Member

If you suddenly decide to become a serial killer, you are in control of your actions, but surely the impulse to kill frequently and randomly is a symptom of a mental illness?

Good grief!

Please tell me this is a troll….

deft
    Free Member

Put them in the room with a couple of royal marines…

Now let's be sensible here…Para Reg surely

Speshpaul

Troll or Idiot?

hora
    Free Member

"If you suddenly decide to become a serial killer"

Its not a career choice.

Just as Paedophiles actually dont beleive they are doing wrong, someone with a severe mental illness will have vastly different conception of logic.

molgrips
    Free Member

Fair point Hora, I should've said "the day you decide to act on your impulses"

The lack of proper answers on this thread tells me that you lot don't get my point. Apart from Hora 🙂

hora
    Free Member

molgrips, I might look like everyone on this forum (apart from Jojo1 who is lush) 🙄 but I do think differently (dont know if thats good or bad)…

G
    Free Member

you lot don't get my point. Apart from Hora

Personally I wouldn't really shout about that….. 😯

samuri
    Free Member

Every being in the universe knows right from wrong.

nickc

Is there any difference between some-one who's pathologically* evil, and some-one who's mentally ill?

*given that pathology is the study of diseases?

mt
    Free Member

Speshpaul is wudeboy.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

samuri – Member

Every being in the universe knows right from wrong.

Unfortunatly not. Its one of the characteristics of personality disorder IIRC for one. Psychopaths don't either nor do many folk with sever metal illness.

Its a very hard to judge the line for sure – at what point does either mental illness or developmental abnormality mean they don't have the ability to judge right from wrong?

this is why we have the "diminished responsibility" defense in courts.

G
    Free Member

Anyone watch the news coverage of Minny the Munter's multiple marriages the other day? If you did and were unable to spot even from that briefest of glimpses that she was not all there, and definately not in control of herself, then you might consider getting some help along with her IMHO.

nickc

Minny the Munter's multiple marriages

Very good….

MTT
    Free Member

deft said;

Now let's be sensible here…Para Reg surely

If you want the teenage boys to be sexually assaulted then yes. 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘The lowest of the low – don't read this is easily upset…’ is closed to new replies.