Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • the last film I watched was….
  • terrahawk
    Free Member

..The Seven Samurai.
    Great film. Even my teenage son was glued to it despite it ticking all the “this film is lame” boxes; black and white, subtitled, 3 hours long.

I must admit I was glued to it too. If you’ve not seen it….etc.

Any other recommendations?

ton

Hell boy 2, and i am ashamed of myself for doing so. 😉

polarisandy
    Free Member

Indiana jones and the Raiders of the lost ark

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Red Eye
    watching it now, but just ‘cos the lead lady is very easy on the eye!

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Drag me to Hell, we had free tickets that needed using and didn’t fancy watching Hannah Montana The Movie, walked out after 45 minutes it was that bad, kinda wished we’d gone to see Hannah Montana now

akira

Yojimbo is another Kurosawa classic, but think the last film I watched was Nacho Libre…was alright.
    Got The Host to watch sometime soon and it should be good.

johnhoo
    Free Member

last film I watched was The Dark Knight. Very good, and very dark indeed.

Jamie
    Free Member

Tonight i finished watching Let The Right One In and Martyrs. The former was fantastic the latter was just, in my opinion, stupid.

eth3er
    Free Member

Red Eye because somebody told me it was good. Looks good so far.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ooh, I think it was Glupton of Solace, and I was sorely disappointed, tbh. More like one of those awful Bourne films, than a Bond. Sorry, but Craig just is not Bond. His two films have lacked the charm and humour that Bond is all about. I don’t want ‘dark’ or ‘edgy’, I want Bond.

MtbCol
    Free Member

Nothing worth watching on tv, so I’ve just watched Appleseed :Ex Machina.
    Bloody brilliant anime.
    Last non anime film I watched was The Transporter.
    Disengage brain, activate popcorn lifting arm, enjoy!

skidartist
    Free Member

‘The Fall’ by Tarsem Singh. Dead good, very sweet and very gentle. Lots to look at.

squattingmouse
    Free Member

Watched Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom earlier – working our way through the as S.O doesn’t want to watch the new one without seeing the old ones.

tsr
    Free Member

..The Seven Samurai.

Must see this soon – was voted best film ever in one poll I saw.

My last – Fargo (the Coen Brothers) – SUPURB.

TN
    Free Member

I’m watching Ghost World at the mo. It’s making more sense this time, watching it sober…

scaredypants

last film I saw at a cinema – Full Monty

Can’t go to cinemas any more (so the judge said), I bloody HATE people !

Flaperon

Angels and Demons, and Vue Cinemas can whistle for me to ever return to their Exeter venue.

£7.45 each for a ticket, and then they shoved us in a room with a screen the size of a small bath towel and an el-cheapo digital projector playing the movie from Bluray (presumably), since I could see all the pixels and the continual watermarking really pissed me off.

Frankly, it’s no wonder people pirate movies.

CountZero

Seven Samurai is what The Magnificent Seven was based on. Kurosawa’s films are also based on Shakespeare’s plays in some instances; Ran on King Lear, Throne of Blood on Macbeth…
    The last film I’ve seen was Star Trek on (Orange)Wednesday; bloody excellent, couldn’t believe how much fun it was. Never much of a fan of the cheesy original, and the various offshoots I never bothered with at all, but they’ve got a great cast who look like the originals could look when younger, and there’s a lot of humour in it. Before that Coraline in 3D, Monsters v Aliens in 3D, Fast and Furious, Bolt in 3D, and looking forward to Transformers, Terminator Salvation, Up, Ice Age 3D…

grumm
    Free Member

Commando with Arnie – classic 😛

Strangelove
    Free Member

As Count Zero said Seven Samurai became The Magnificent Seven. SS is one of my favorite films and I have never seen the seven.
    Yojimbo became Fist Full of Dollars. I struggle to choose which I prefer out of the two.

Cooroo
    Free Member

Coraline, which was excellent (not as good as book) – dark, scary. How lucky i am to have a daughter who’d rather die than see Hannah Montana or High School Musical!

Joxster
    Free Member

I just watch The Spirit, which was fun in a silly way.

Harry_the_Spider

Aliens in 20 minute bursts (the little lad has started to repeat naughty words) on DVD .

However my missus did insist on watching a feature length Jonathan Creek Christmas special on GOLD last night.

montylikesbeer

watched the x files second film last night, utter “jack right”

samuri
    Free Member

His two films have lacked the charm and humour that Bond is all about. I don’t want ‘dark’ or ‘edgy’, I want Bond.

I find this quite sad. The character Bond *is* dark and edgy, it’s only his on-screen persona that is made charming and humorous, presumably to sell films.

Last film I saw was Star Trek the new movie, quite entertaining and fun watching the old characters being introduced. Old Spock looks OLD!

slimtubing
    Free Member

2 days in Paris. Not bad but i wanted to slap the main characters silly after about 15 minutes.
    (Not the dodgy prono flim with that awful american.)

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘the last film I watched was….’ is closed to new replies.