Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The HTN land snowy night ride and trip to the pub next Tuesday thread
  • Harry_the_Spider

As in the title.

8:15 blast off from The Church Inn.

Not many miles as it will be bleeding freezing. An hour or so will be enough.

Pub.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Maybe and that’s definate

xherbivorex
    Free Member

provisional yes. depends on how cold i am after riding home. and whether i can get up to the frozen north (of our city).

Junkyard
    Free Member

can we have a longer ride – not really a drinker tbh and it will take me longer to get there and back than ride

Pretty please – do you have a GPS route or something or perhaps meet at the Park?

Harry_the_Spider

You can go round twice. I’m going to the pub.

D0NK

still on?

Oh and HtS/terra WTF is this place? Satellite view looks nothing like what it does from the ground and I’ve still not got a clue. Originally thought it might be some outdoor activity centre or something.

RustySpanner

Old sewage farm/water works, I think.

Now a secret underground facility where they put mingy bits in Derek’s food.

D0NK

I’d assumed this was an old water treatment place, a current one just up the road, was the irwell valley awash with them or something?

RustySpanner

Not sure. Think it was Harry that told me.

They must wee a lot in Prestwich.

Junkyard
    Free Member

IME they seem to be more full of poo tbh 😉

Harry_the_Spider

I’m afraid I’m going to have to duck out of the ride.

There’s nothing to stop anyone else going though but you will have to guide yourselves.

Sorry.

Harry_the_Spider

The photo is the site of the arboretum that was started a couple of years ago.

Not much has happened lately so it is just a load of grassy mounnds and an unused car park.

D0NK

the satellite shot looks arboretum-y but on the ground not so much. The pipes are intriguing/confusing.

2″ish of snow on the ground at drinkwater this morning, should make for fun riding.

Harry_the_Spider

bump

I’m afraid I’m going to have to duck out of the ride.

There’s nothing to stop anyone else going though but you will have to guide yourselves.

Sorry.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

if i can get home, eat my tea, fit new brakes and tyres and get up to the church inn by 8.15pm then i’m still up for it… it’s unlikely though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘The HTN land snowy night ride and trip to the pub next Tuesday thread’ is closed to new replies.