Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • The Hootenanny (Paloma content).
  • cozz
    Free Member

I watched it for Hayseed DIxie, although they only did one song, where as ED did loads

I like paloma, would love to go out in an eve with her, shes mad bonkers in a good way

think she looked pretty good, (although preferred her when she had red hair)

to quote Keith Lemon – “id let her shit on me neck” !

CountZero

postierich – Member
    Where was the guy with the clock as his head?

Standing next to the old guy with the scythe and long white robe and beard, as usual.

Paloma, I just don’t get it, she’s an interesting charachter but I’m not sure she’s intresting enough to make up for not being able to sing.

Well, where I was sitting watching she was singing perfectly well, better than Boz Scaggs was, at any rate. I have noticed people on Later… and Hootenanny having some problems keeping in tune when I know for a fact they can carry a tune live, and I wonder if it might be something to do with their monitor/foldback system.

slowoldman

Well I rate Paloma highly. She is a great performer. I can’t figure what’s wrong with her singing – but then when I consider some of my favourite singers (Roger Chapman, Ian Dury, Nick Cave), perhaps that explains it.

Totally agree re punk too. Having grown up with some of the best rock acts of all time through the 60s and 70s, the glam rock, electro-pop and disco years were thoroughly depressing. Punk was a breath of fresh air and opened the doors for proper music to re-emerge.

jamj1974

The Clash

Agreed.

jkomo

The Slits, X-Ray Specs, I’m afraid I prefer the girls to the boys when it comes to Punk. I wasn’t there though, or I was but watching Rainbow.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i quite like her as a singer on the radio as said above its refreshing not to see another cookie cutter tall skinny output singing other peoples songs from a tv show contest but jesus – hearing her speak does my head in.

she did room 101 – the squeeky voice and the way OTT mad personality was very irritating -BUT i guess you would expect no less when you look at her….

also a colleague out here commented on how long her legs were….. i pointed out they were not that long but the dress was infact VERY short ….. she knew her self – every time the camera panned out to a body shot she would be howking her dress doon.

chris_db
    Free Member

Never mind Paloma I still haven’t forgiven Jools for not actually filming it on NYE…!

Er, yes, I’d be willing if she was – have you seen her tattoo?

gordimhor

The Clash agreed, and all the others who gave music an almighty boot up the arse.

LeeW

I’ve met her quite a few times, she is indeed, I think the word is ‘kooky’ but she’s a sweet as anything and quite shy.

I remember hearing on Never Mind The Buzzcocks that she bought some Kylie tickets and hid them in the Kylie section of a record store for someone to find.

richmars

Did anyone see on BBC4 ‘The Clash: New Year’s Day ’77’?
    It’s a good explanation of it was like in ’76 and ’77.

jamj1974

I don’t think Crass were a manufactured act either…

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘The Hootenanny (Paloma content).’ is closed to new replies.