Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • The Fizik Gobi: What do we think?
  • mboy
    Free Member

Not for me, gave me numb knob

One lap of FTD at Cannock, all 7 arduous miles of it, and I wouldn’t have got hard if you’d thrown me to the Swedish topless mud wrestling team and tickled me with a feather! Don’t think I even knew I needed a wee for an hour or so until I got off the bike I was so numb… Hateful hateful thing.

Saddles NEED pressure relief grooves and cutouts IMO, and wide enough backs to support your sitbones well. But then again we are all different!

ilovemygears
    Free Member

one came with my bike, really nice saddle would get another one

xcstu
    Free Member

its is like they say a very personal thing saddles.. one doesn’t suit another!!!

dazzlingboy

I’m a fan, and of the ones I’ve tried over the last couple of years

1 Gobi – great – seems to work well on HT bike with that little bit of flex it has. Creaks like a creaky thing. Costs a small fortune.
    2 Spesh Body Geometry – horrible – tried to like it but now in the bin. Hateful thing.
    3 Spoon – run 2 of these and I get on well with them. Nice fit for me and the bonus is that at £25 you can’t go far wrong.

soobalias
    Free Member

love em – very comfy

they dont like being washed, the nose end wears and looks tatty quickly, very prone to creaking rails – tho less so if you dont clean it

the XM is a different kettle of fish

IME, you need to try one, it doesnt take five mins to know if it suits you.

monkeyboyjc

I’ve had three in 5 years (all on the same bike)- all with Ki:um rails. I bought them new (never spent more than £45 though, and 2 second hand with many miles of use for around £35-40 mark).
    One white and black and two all black.

They’ve been the most comfy saddle i’ve used, however i’ve found that the covering used on the nose wares quite quickly – i think that they may have changed the fabric at some point in the last few years as the the newer two i’ve had ware the worst. It does depend on the shorts you use though….

this is 1st one i bought (in white) after 2 years use, you can see the colour is still pretty good:

you can just see the nose wearing through here:

tbh – the next saddle i’ll buy will be a brooks.

ATGANI
    Free Member

Why dont you find a shop with a demo saddle?
    Good Fizik dealers will lend you one of the god awful colour demo saddles to try!
    (They are a god awful colour to stop you “extending” the loan)

cheers_drive

I didn’t get on with mine and swapped do running Bel Airs which I much prefer. The covering wore at the edges badly too.

gboarder
    Free Member

Hi,

If you fancy trying one, I have just replaced mine with a new one the old one is still intact and the leather is not split etc.

PM me and I can send you some images, will sell just to cover postage etc so about £10 paypal.

BTW: it’s all black with the standard rails. Approx. 8 years old but only used for approx. 500 miles or so.

Cheers

G 😀

monogramman
    Free Member

Came standard on my bike, I love it, especially like the clip system for my bag or light.

Also used SDG bel air with ti rails, had to find the “sweet spot” for comfort, still felt harder than my Gobi though.

johnners
    Free Member

Hated mine, instantly uncomfortable and never got any better though I did try after spuffing that much cash on a perch. I get on quite well with SDG BA and WTB saddles though.

I’m not sure I’d buy a second-hand “white” saddle that had somehow gone yellow either!

martinxyz
    Free Member

I found mine comfy on the bike it came fitted on for the first half hour but noticed that after a few hours i was struggling with it.I have since moved it around half a dozen times but compared to the sdg fx ibeam on the hardtail,its not as comfy.I look forward to sitting on the hardtail with the ibeam saddle on certain days/depending on where i plan on riding.

Just cant wait for the ibeam fitting on the top of a rockshox reverb or the bright spark that comes out with a fitment to slap an ibeam onto the railed reverb undercarriage..

kudos100
    Free Member

Anyone want to do a saddle swap? I’ve got a mint specialized bg henge 143 that is gathering dust in my bike room……

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘The Fizik Gobi: What do we think?’ is closed to new replies.