Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 2,074 total)
  • The F1 2015 thread…
  • pondo

I’m sure he’d consider it exceedingly faint praise, but Brundle must be one of the best drivers never to win a GP. Who else, d’you reckon?

richmtb

I’m sure he’d consider it exceedingly faint praise, but Brundle must be one of the best drivers never to win a GP. Who else, d’you reckon?

Nick Heidfeld and Nico Hulkenberg

bruneep

@ Hora my google stalking skills tell me thats Amanda Stretton

thepurist

Drivers crashing under no pressure? Aren’t we forgetting a certain Mr Senna at Monaco. Then disappearing for a good while when nobody could find him or talk to him… Suspicious! What had he been taking to cause him to crash? What caused him to black out and drive into the wall in a place nobody else would? See, that’s exactly the sort of bolleaux that’s been spouted about alonso.

As for DC, he knows he’s getting his P45 as soon as JB quits driving.

shermer75
    Free Member

As for DC, he knows he’s getting his P45 as soon as JB quits driving.

Why’s that?

boblo
    Free Member

Further in Brundle you have one of the few drivers who, in earlier formulas, gave Senna a run for his money and who Senna considered a worthy advisory.

That made me giggle and reminded me of my bloody MOT and the 3 adversaries they gave me… 😀

hora
    Free Member

Remember Johnny Herbert? He was more successful than Trundle. Could he present? Cant remember him doing so.

thegreatape
    Free Member

He couldn’t reach the microphone.

retro83
    Free Member

At the risk of a whoosh parrot, Johnny Herbert presents on Sky F1.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I’m glad you went first, I was going to ask if I was the only one with Sky but I also feared the whoosh.

hora
    Free Member

Ah. I dont have Sky. How does he compare?

back2basics
    Free Member

Human rights for F1

I find this story a little bizarre – does this mean no more races in Russia, China, Arab states (Abu/Bahrain/Singapore)???

I cannot believe it, the Human Rights charter for F1 will be so dilute to allow for these races…

plumber
    Free Member

Having watched skys coverage at the weekend I’m glad to have the BBC

pondo

Recently saw I can get the F1 Show on Sky One, recorded one episode and watched just shy of three minutes before I hit delete. Sure I’ve said this before, but (Moto GP excepted) I don’t think the quality BBC sports coverage can be beaten by anyone, anywhere.

failedengineer

Brundle was an excellent presenter, IMHO. He was also a v. good driver who deserved a better car. Wasn’t he Senna’s main adversary in F3 once upon a time?

nemesis
    Free Member

Had to share this 🙂

(for the non-geeks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCc2v7izk8w )

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I don’t think the quality BBC sports coverage can be beaten by anyone, anywhere.

When Sky have a decent run-in and run-out show, show all races live, whenever they are, the Beeb is smashed to pieces.

Suzi Perry is hopeless, Eddie Jordan is ridiculous and ‘3 times Le Mans winner Alan McNish’ never seems to know what he’s talking about.

boltonjon

Love the Pastor photo 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

Alonso has just gone fastest ! 😯

back2basics
    Free Member

@nemisis – if only F1 did race there:)

PJM1974
    Free Member

Hmmm…the Empire being involved in F1 races makes a lot of sense.

Cavalier attitude towards supporting governments with a poor human rights record? Check

Indiscriminate environmental damage on a planetary scale? Check

Ruled with an iron fist by a evil, wizened, shrivelled individual of advanced age who remains alive thanks to supernatural intervention? Check

back2basics
    Free Member

lol @PMJ

Jabba – Flavio

PJM1974
    Free Member

😆

back2basics
    Free Member

Lewis- Anakin!

back2basics
    Free Member

Lewis – Anakin!
    Button – Old Ben

back2basics
    Free Member

anyway back to it,

so Button spins unexpectedly in a slow corner, with no explanation, the rear of the car just spinning round…

……another mystery McLaren issue….

luckily it wasnt at a high speed corner otherwise someone might have crashed it into the barrier…OH NO WAIT………………………………..

igm

Engine failure (lock up?) caused Button’s spin apparently.

njee20
    Free Member

As with Verstappen last weekend, not something I’ve noticed happening much in previous years, two in a week seems surprising.

dragon
    Free Member

Is the lock up a function of something going wrong on the energy harvesting and brake by wire systems?

hora
    Free Member

Pook

^ hehehe

twang
    Free Member

Hora that’s brilliant 😀

rOcKeTdOg

😆

back2basics
    Free Member

If vettel and Raikki are coming into the top 2/3 for Qualy then i think Rosberg is finished for the season – Merc will want success and Lewis can give them that – yeah it pains me to say it, as i (used) to like Rosberg, but he’s seems to have lost the plot – perhaps its having a new family of perhaps bridges were burned last season –
    Lauda doesnt help – but then perhaps Lauda wants Rosberg to leave – despite a multi year contract (which never means anything in f1)

Still not sure why Lewis is dithering over his contract – the only other team he could go to is Ferrari, and is that what he really wants?

FeeFoo
    Free Member

I don’t think the quality BBC sports coverage can be beaten by anyone, anywhere.

I wish that was still the case, I really do.

With Brundle and Crofty commentating and the rest of the show’s slick, intelligent, knowledgeable feel, Sky coverage is streets ahead.

slowoldman

If vettel and Raikki are coming into the top 2/3 for Qualy then i think Rosberg is finished for the season – Merc will want success and Lewis can give them that – yeah it pains me to say it, as i (used) to like Rosberg, but he’s seems to have lost the plot

I agree with this.

I’m interested to see if Williams can hang onto the back of the Ferraris better than last time out.

Kryton57

Ferrari, and is that what he really wants?

Its what Bernie wants.

Its been said before – Lewis is a full time F1 driver, yet in his spare time, of which there isn’t much he’s wading through the legal jargon of the contract – of which he is unfamiliar – to ensure he doesn’t get screwed. I’m sure that’s not an easy task.

shermer75
    Free Member

Human rights for F1

I find this story a little bizarre – does this mean no more races in Russia, China, Arab states (Abu/Bahrain/Singapore)???
    I cannot believe it, the Human Rights charter for F1 will be so dilute to allow for these races…

My biggest surprise here is that Bernie has backed down. Not because it’s the wrong thing to do, I actually feel that F1 has handled the situation in Bahrain appallingly, but because I didn’t think that Bernie would do anything unless he directly profited somehow.

ampthill

Amanda Stretton for the top gear job

renton
    Free Member

Suzi perry is nipping on a bit.

Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 2,074 total)

The topic ‘The F1 2015 thread…’ is closed to new replies.