Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The Enduro World Series winners are…
  • Ben_Haworth

In case you missed it, the final round of the Enduro World Series was yesterday. Here’s who won the Women’s, Men’s and Team categories.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story here:

https://singletrackworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/the-enduro-world-series-winners-are/

benpinnick

So gutted for Emily Carrick-Anderson. After such an amazing race to lose the Chatel race by a fraction of a second…

dave_h

Any thoughts on what makes the series strong from a UK women’s perspective but less succesful with the men?

Akers

Congratulations to the winners.
    The big question is, with various teams shutting down or leaving Enduro racing, and what feels like almost zero promotion and coverage of the series this year, either buy the promoters of the cycling press, is this the last meaningful year of world Enduro racing?

FraserCook

i was wondering the same. 5 British women in the top 20. No British men. And Baraona, Harden, Connelly all good enough to challenge the mighty Isabeau Courdurier and win it!
    Could it be the legacy of Tracy Mosley?

mtbfix

Where is this stuff televised? Only thing I could find yesterday afternoon was Ed Masters preview on YouTube.

dirkpitt74

@mtbfix there’s no ‘live’ coverage of the Enduro.

The UCI YouTube channel has highlights videos.

chakaping

Any thoughts on what makes the series strong from a UK women’s perspective but less succesful with the men?

UK men are having good success in DH with Jordan, Laurie, Danny, Matt, Bernard, Joe & more all podium contenders.

Perhaps UK women are finding enduro more accessible though?

wipperman95
    Free Member

I think they need a rethink with Enduro; one day events this year haven’t seemed as interesting. And there does seem to be a level of dissatisfaction with the series.

I think Live coverage is going to be a while, if at all; look at motorcycle EnduroGP…..that relies on highlights on You Tube – no live coverage at all. Hard Enduro is similar, with only the Erzbergrodeo streamed live as its in one venue. I suspect both those sports have more money, and they can’t provide live coverage.

Even the WRC has gone All Live in the last few years.

I think they should revert to last year’s format, and try streaming the Saturday evening Pro Stage live, which is also the final stage on the Sunday – so the cameras can stay in the same place.

benpinnick

I think Tracy is definitely a factor, along with a strong grass roots scene (less so now) over the last 10 years. And the tweed valley factor helps. Some of it is just momentum too. When you’re riding with people who are winning, you get dragged up and along.

I know for Ella it was kind of a fluke that she ended up racing in Enduro rather than XC, and had she have been a guy that would have been a transition that probably wouldn’t have worked out (because she didn’t have the years or enduro or DH under her belt that would be helpful to differentiate from the pack). As it was with a smaller field to compete against she was able to shine a lot brighter a lot quicker and that generated its own momentum for her which has really worked out well in the long term.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.