Viewing 13 posts - 201 through 213 (of 213 total)
  • THE DECIDING ASHES TEST: possible spoilers within
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Australian cricket captain Ricky Ponting has called for the Ashes 2009 series to be extended to a best of seven contest, instead of the current five test series. “It has been such a closely fought contest that it would be a real shame to end it now.” said Ponting in his post-game interview.

Uh, best three out of five! No, five out of seven!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

200!

psychle
    Free Member

nothing to see here… my browser is playing up 🙄

aracer
    Free Member

Thanks for the link to the Aussie newspaper article – it is such fun to see how bad losers they are (at least some of them – psychle appears to have been in England long enough to get used to the idea of losing, and how to do it well).

In the meantime, somebody needs to rehash this rugby one:

MrSmith
    Free Member

IS it really England or South Africa tormenting Australia in the Ashes?

the australia team is made up from immigrants, why are they not using indigenous peoples? a team of aboriginals should be playing.

grumm
    Free Member

I like the way they mention Petersen, who only played two tests? And Strauss who has lived in England since he was 6.

aracer
    Free Member

Well they had to do something to beef up their whine, given that we'd still have won even without the runs of any Saffers apart from Strauss, who like you say was brought up here. Like I say, it just adds to the amusement to see they're that upset!

Lanesra
    Free Member

Psychle, I was on Upper Street today but thought better of coming into your shop and asking for Psychle – Will be around Islington most of this week mail me your number and we'll arrange collection as reciving it through paypal will give me zero satisfaction.

psychle
    Free Member

YGM…here's a thought though, how about double or nothing for next year eh? 😆

RichPenny
    Free Member

the australia team is made up from immigrants

No it isn't. Ponting is from Tazzie though, which might as well be another planet 🙂

I loved that article too, proper sour grapes.

zokes
    Free Member

the australia team is made up from immigrants

No it isn't.

With the possible exception of Symonds, who is of Aborigine (sp?) descent then?

aracer
    Free Member

here’s a thought though, how about double or nothing for next year eh?

Did you ever get taken up on that one? 😀

Hairychested
    Free Member

psychle, as a proper cricket fan, is celebrating the victory 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 201 through 213 (of 213 total)

The topic ‘THE DECIDING ASHES TEST: possible spoilers within’ is closed to new replies.