Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The cost of Stamps – related to red rubber band usage?
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

So, stamps are increasing in price. I can understand this, the RM isn't a charity and has to make money, but surely they must be spending a fortune on red rubber bands. Why do posties leaving them on the pavement, in trees, bushes on my roof rather than reusing them? Seems very wastful

carlosg
    Free Member

Don't tar us all with the same brush! , mine go into my pocket 😀

Plus the real cost of processing a 1st or 2nd class letter is more than the cost of a postage stamp anyway.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

mine go into my pocket

Along with my post

carlosg
    Free Member

MountainMutant – Member

mine go into my pocket

Along with my post

Been watching too much 'despatches' ? , do you believe everything you read in the papers too.

DezB
    Free Member

Plus the real cost of processing a 1st or 2nd class letter is more than the cost of a postage stamp anyway.

The cost of storing all of my street's post for the past week must be enormous.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Are you aware that you can buy stamps for less than at the Post Office?
    The sub / main PO makes a profit on every stamp they sell, and it's one of the best sources of income above their paid wage.
    It helps keep them open, so maybe I should not have told you this fact!

jon1973
    Free Member

Are you aware that you can buy stamps for less than at the Post Office?

The Large-Letter stamp I bought on Saturday from the main post office in Camberley was the same price as I pay everywhere else. Is there a secret handshake you have to use to get the reduced rate?

mudshark
    Free Member

Evidence please. I suspect it depends greatly on the location of the sender and recipient. If both in the same city the cost must be very low but if one is in some remote part of Scotland then the cost is far higher.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Precisely the point I was making.
    No handshake, you're just buying your stamps in the "wrong" place if you don't want to pay full price for each stamp.
    Most people are completely unaware of this.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

So where is the 'right' place then?

Ti29er
    Free Member
    jonb
    Free Member

Why do we still have second class post anyway?

ourmaninthenorth

It's to let the recipient know that you care about them, but not *that* much.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

ourmaninthenorth – Member

It's to let the recipient know that you care about them, but not *that* much.

Much like After Eight mints.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

mudshark – it's certainly true of second class stamps, every second class letter delivered is done so at a loss (excluding batch mailings)

i'm not going to give you evidence but i've seen the figures.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘The cost of Stamps – related to red rubber band usage?’ is closed to new replies.